More threads by queenofgothic

firstly i want to ask is there anyone out there who has a dream and when you wake up and you have to question if it was a dream or if it was real?
i always remember my dreams there're in colour and i can remember what everyone has said and there always so vivid and it's if i'm really there, sometimes i know i'm dreaming and i can tell that to myself in my dream ( does that make sense?) and then other times i wake up thinking did that really just happen or was i dreaming?

my dreams aren't really dreams though more like nightmares, i have horrible dreams really graphic and violent.

<portion deleted by Admin: please see the Forum Rules -- do not post graphic depictions of violent acts since they may be triggering for other forum members>

( i'm not sick or twisted, just my dreams) i feel like people are watching me as well and when i turn round theres nobody there just black darkness. it just worries me though cause it seems so real and disturbing. has anybody got any answers?

firstly i want to ask is there anyone out there who has a dream and when you wake up and you have to question if it was a dream or if it was real?
i always remember my dreams there're in colour and i can remember what everyone has said and there always so vivid and it's if i'm really there, sometimes i know i'm dreaming and i can tell that to myself in my dream ( does that make sense?) and then other times i wake up thinking did that really just happen or was i dreaming?

my dreams aren't really dreams though more like nightmares, i have horrible dreams really graphic and violent.

<portion deleted by Admin: please see the Forum Rules -- do not post graphic depictions of violent acts since they may be triggering for other forum members>

( i'm not sick or twisted, just my dreams) i feel like people are watching me as well and when i turn round theres nobody there just black darkness. it just worries me though cause it seems so real and disturbing. has anybody got any answers?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Vivid dreams aren't uncommon and dreams which are disturbing to the dreamer in some way are more likely to bring you into a lighter stage of sleep, so you will remember them more clearly later.

In most cases, I don't believe the specific content of dreams has much significance. However, the emotional impact is probably important and when there is a recurring dream or a recurring theme in dreams (e.g., violence), that is something worth exploring... it's probably best done in the environment of psychotherapy where the themes can be examined in the context of your personal history.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Vivid dreams aren't uncommon and dreams which are disturbing to the dreamer in some way are more likely to bring you into a lighter stage of sleep, so you will remember them more clearly later.

In most cases, I don't believe the specific content of dreams has much significance. However, the emotional impact is probably important and when there is a recurring dream or a recurring theme in dreams (e.g., violence), that is something worth exploring... it's probably best done in the environment of psychotherapy where the themes can be examined in the context of your personal history.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
A "psychotherapy" session is what happens in a session you would have with a psychologist or other counselor / therapist.

"Psychotherapy" refers to some sort of psychological therapy (aka "talk therapy"), as opposed to chemotherapy (medication) or physiotherapy or massage therapy, etc.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
A "psychotherapy" session is what happens in a session you would have with a psychologist or other counselor / therapist.

"Psychotherapy" refers to some sort of psychological therapy (aka "talk therapy"), as opposed to chemotherapy (medication) or physiotherapy or massage therapy, etc.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.