More threads by GDPR

GDPR

GDPR
I have had no problems with my T. really(other than all the imaginary ones).And I have always liked him too,and have always thought he's a genuinely nice,good person,

Now though,I feel like I can't stand to be around him. Everything about him annoys me. I feel irritated with the way he smiles, the sound of his voice, the way he dresses,etc.

I feel like I want to go to my next session and tell him what an #$#$#$ he is and tell him to #$#$ off.

And I don't understand why I'm feeling this way. He hasn't said or done anything to upset me.

Transference maybe? You're upset and angry at someone else, but it's not safe to direct it toward them, but it IS safe to feel it toward your therapist? Maybe?

GDPR

GDPR
Turtle...and should I tell him that I feel like calling him names and telling him to #$#$ off?

Cat Dancer....maybe. But, I normally have no problem telling anybody what I think when I'm upset or angry.

Banned

Banned
Honestly, yes. It's hard to have a good therapeutic alliance with that between you, and he won't take it personally but rather will help you work through it and figure out why you feel this way and what can be done about it. I've been very angry with therapists in the past and while its hard to bring up, it's important and you'll feel much better for having done so.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.