More threads by deandro

deandro

I didn't know where to put this since a number of issues are actually involved, but decided on here since the main point of this post is my need for someone to cry.

I want someone to hold me and let me cry on their shoulder, who knows me inside and out including the worst parts without thinking less of me. I just want to cry and speak my innermost thoughts. I feel very lonely at times even though I live with my parents. I have a few friends I hang out with occasionally but no one close. They don’t know who I am and wouldn’t want to know either because there’s a demon in me itching to get out.

But I'm afraid to show emotion around other people. I don't like to smile when I'm with other people even when I'm happy and would normally smile if by myself. I try to not smile around people. Smiling when others can see me feels weird and creepy for some reason. I’m not a very open person outside the Internet.

I’m also worried what people would think about me.

I’m not consciously aware of my feelings most of the time. When I realize how I feel, I’m usually experiencing boredom, tiredness, stress, or amusement but rarely anything deep. I lack empathy (I have Asperger’s) and compassion as well. I wish I had these but I can rarely bring myself to feel another’s pain even when I try my best. I don’t understand things on an emotional level but only ever on an intellectual one. I don’t think I love others to the same extent that most people do. I usually feel indifferent to the most important people in my life such as my parents. I feel like a warped empty shell of a human being.

You probably think I’m just exaggerating the effects of Asperger’s but I know there has to be more going on with me due to the severity of my thoughts and actions. For example, I have severe anger issues. I don’t usually throw a temper but it’s horrible when I do. For instance, sometime while in high school (I’m a college senior now) my sister did something to anger me. I then punched her several times in the head as hard as I possibly could and screamed repeatedly, and I will never forget what I said, “I’d kill you if I could.” Another time, my parents found pot in my room and then took it away. This was the same day I had lost my job at the university for “not meeting expectations” (though I never knew what I did wrong). I then used my fists to bust a hole in the wall and another in my door. Because my younger brother claimed to have told on me, I spray painted his blankets. That was my second-to-last violent outburst and it occurred about two years ago. My last violent outburst occurred sometime over a year ago. This time, my sister visited. We usually end up disagreeing about something. When we disagree, I usually want to agree to disagree. But she doesn’t listen to me and always tries to force me to listen to her. This time, I became frustrated with the way she talked to me, slammed the car door as hard as I could upon arriving home and screamed that she had to start fights every time she visited while outside where the whole neighborhood could hear. Inside the house I screamed at her to “get the **** out of my face” because she wanted to keep talking and I didn’t want to listen. I’ve never gotten along with my sister but I have and do with my brothers regularly. All I remember about her is the many times she’s dissed me. Even when I was an adolescent she would insult me for being awkward. Now that she’s serving on a mission she begs me to e-mail her which I do. But I don’t see why she would miss me. She didn’t seem to like me before she left on her mission.

I don't know why I did the things I did.

I don’t feel comfortable talking to a paid therapist because they seem to just say what they think you want to hear. I’m also so ashamed of things I’ve done and things I think that I don’t even want that person knowing who I am or what I look like, hence my reason for using the Internet.

Back to my original point, I want to get this stuff off my chest and just cry with someone to hold me without judging but don’t know where to begin.

I have to start doing something if I want to change anything, so any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry for the long post, but I have a lot of personal issues to address. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarlaMarie

I'm going to repsond by saying this is a great starting place. I am so glad your asking for help and you are willing to admit your wrongs. If I were there I would give you a big hug. Lonliness hurts. I have felt it. Hang in there.

Yuray

Hi Deandro and welcome back

The bulk of your post is focused on anger issues. Have you, or are you, (after having dismissed paid therapists) getting any input from anyone qualified. There are anger management courses (ususally court sanctioned) available. I would think a two or three questions to the right people would get you into one.

I want someone to hold me and let me cry on their shoulder, who knows me inside and out including the worst parts without thinking less of me. I just want to cry and speak my innermost thoughts.

People capable of fulfulling these needs are hard to come by if they are not in your family or close circle. I am assuming you haven't sought them out yet. The quality people have to fulfil this role is empathy, and compassion, which you stated you are without. You wish you had these qualities, but don't. Have you tried?

I have to start doing something if I want to change anything, so any advice would be appreciated.
Call your local social services, or doctor to find out where anger can be discussed. Anger combined with lack of empathy and compassion, is extremely destructive to healthy living.

I want someone to hold me and let me cry on their shoulder, who knows me inside and out including the worst parts without thinking less of me. I just want to cry and speak my innermost thoughts.
You echo the sentiments of everyone who has ever lived. The first step is to talk. Lets get an honest dialogue going:)

Have a look at this link
http://www.cdhs.state.co.us/

Last edited:

deandro

Yuray:
The bulk of your post is focused on anger issues. Have you, or are you, (after having dismissed paid therapists) getting any input from anyone qualified.

Not at the moment. I’m starting here but I need to work up the courage to see someone who will know what I look like if that’s my only option.

There are anger management courses (ususally court sanctioned) available. I would think a two or three questions to the right people would get you into one.

Probably. The only problem is I’m not usually outwardly angry. Most people who are around me tend to think I’m a nice guy though I’m not entirely sure what my family thinks of me. When I am angry, it tends to be really bad.

People capable of fulfulling these needs are hard to come by if they are not in your family or close circle. I am assuming you haven't sought them out yet.

Good point. I’m afraid of what they’ll think. I guess I just need to work up some courage. I feel uncomfortable showing emotion. Sometimes I want to hug my parents but feel awkward.

The quality people have to fulfil this role is empathy, and compassion, which you stated you are without. You wish you had these qualities, but don't. Have you tried?

Yes, but I feel like there’s an emotional wall between me and others. I smoke marijuana which helps me feel empathy and passion, but I’m sure you wouldn’t approve of that though it’s the only thing that seems to work for me.

Call your local social services, or doctor to find out where anger can be discussed. Anger combined with lack of empathy and compassion, is extremely destructive to healthy living.

I understand it’s destructive. Do these services cost anything? I don’t have any money right now.

Lets get an honest dialogue going!

Thank you! I do appreciate the help.

“Have a look at this link.” I’ll read it, but I want to get to bed after this post.

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

I'm going to repsond by saying this is a great starting place. I am so glad your asking for help and you are willing to admit your wrongs. If I were there I would give you a big hug. Lonliness hurts. I have felt it. Hang in there.

Thank you! I appreciate that.

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.