More threads by Curious

Curious

I have a hp pavilion g7 desktop. When writing I was wondering if I can have two screens in one, when I write. One screen for writing and one screen for editing. Perhaps the top/bottom can be top writing below editing on the same screen?
curious :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Retired

Re: One Screen Two Two Different Writings.

Paul,

What software are you using for your writing. That might give a better indication as to what you can do. I am not familiar with a split screen functionality for the same document, though I stand to be corrected.

Perhaps you could elaborate on what you want to accomplish and why this functionality is important, then someone may have a suggestion.

Also, please do not include your email address in a Forum post, as doing so can result in spam bots picking up your email address.

Curious

Windows seven. hp Pavilion. The reply screen is big enough to see two different writings, one for the writing and one for the editing. curious

Retired

I understand, but what program are you using for writing on your HP windows 7? Are you using Microsoft Word or some other word processor?

Retired

I've looked through the website for the Journal, and cannot see a way to split screen entries. When I work on a project where I want to create several drafts before I decide on the final version, I use the Windows "Save As" function, and save each draft with a different filename (usually with the suffix ver1, ver2, ver3 etc.

That way I can go back and retrieve phrases or content from earlier versions and paste them into my final copy. By doing it this way, you could probably open each version in a separate window on your desktop, and view them all at once, sequentially or however you choose.

You could also write to the developer of the Journal at support@davidrm.com to ask for technical support as is offered on the website.

If you currently use version 4 of the Journal, know that the current version is #7 and there is an upgrade offer HERE you might want to explore.

Rozi95

I use google docs, it's so simple, but when I don't have internet I use Microsoft word.

Retired

when I don't have internet I use Microsoft word.

There is an online app of Microsoft Word available if you have a Microsoft Outlook / Onedrive account. Also included is Excel and Powerpoint online.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.