More threads by cekabf1225

Hi, I was hoping to get some feedback on some things I've been experiencing.

About 3 1/2 years ago during my freshman year of college I very suddenly lost all motivation, I started falling behind, I began feeling regularly anxious, my grades dropped significantly and I barely passed the year. Over the summer I felt better and was able to relax. When the new school year came I fell into similar patterns but this time much deeper, the anxiety kept me from sleeping, I was making bad choices, my judgement and integrity became basically non existent. By the end of the school year I had stopped caring, alienated myself from the people who had my best interest at heart, I was manipulative and stopped caring about consequences and had no real feelings of remorse for any of the things I had done to stray me from a successful path.

I had dug myself a pretty serious hole. I left school, moved home with my parents, and tried to figure out where this drastic change in personality came from. When I came up with no answers, I started to feel numb, and have felt that way for about a year. There are days when I do feel better, and things that make me happy, so I'm confused as to whether or not I'm in a rough patch or something more serious is going on, but most of the time i feel like I don't know myself anymore. I feel detached from most emotional situations, most of the time I feel empty, when I do feel its usually sad, but that is not always the case. I dont know where these feelings came from, I dont know how to identify what's wrong if anything.

I could really use some opinions please help.

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Re: opinions needed, please help with advice.

Welcome to the forum! Have you sought mental health help - psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist? What do you do with your days now?

Re: opinions needed, please help with advice.

Hun best thing to do would be to go to your doctor and explain what is happening Your doctor then can refer you to a therapist
The stress of school anxiety not able to cope your doctor will be able to diagnose what is wrong and will be able to help you get back on a path that is not so dark hun hugs

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
As has been suggested, we cannot provide you with a diagnosis here. You will need to see a physician or a licensed psychologist or other mental health practitioner who can meet with you face to face and suggest appropriate treatment for your symptoms.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.