More threads by lilslugger

i took an overdose last night, im all right now. i was just so scared of losing control and thinking or saying something blasphemous. this fear is single handily ruining my life, i feel there is no hope and no cure for me. im left too suffer this terrible pain. i just wish i hadnt ocd.

Fiver

Re: overdose

lilslugger, have you contacted your therapist or psychiatrist to inform them about this action and how you're feeling? When you say you overdosed, did it necessitate a trip to the ER, and if so, what precautions were offered as far as making sure you are safe?

I hope you talk with your doctor as the meds you took could be causing damage to your liver. Best to go in and tell doctor so blood work can be done. I hope you are feeling better today please call your doctor okay

Jazzey

Account Closed

lilslugger, I'm concerned about you right now. If I understand your post today, you really need medical attention (if you haven't already done so). Please go and get yourself checked out.

ladylore

Account Closed
I agree with everyone else. Please go see your doctor and keep the number of the crisis lines close to you. Call them when your having these thoughts again and before you act on them.

Jazzey

Account Closed
Having done it myself not too long ago lilslugger, I know that you're not ok right now. But you will be soon. It takes a little more time. But you will be ok.

I'm happy to hear that you went to the hospital lilslugger. And please lean on us for support - I know that you're probably struggling with a lot of thoughts right now.

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad right now Lilslugger, and I am glad to hear that you got yourself checked out at the hospital. As Jazzey has said please do come here and feel free to say whatever is going on with you, you will find supportive friends here to help see you through.

Thinking of you and sending you some cyber hugs :hug: :hug:

Fiver

lilslugger, have you contacted your therapist or psychiatrist to inform them about this action and how you're feeling? When you say you overdosed, did it necessitate a trip to the ER, and if so, what precautions were offered as far as making sure you are safe?

But have you done any of these?

yes i had to go to a&e but it wasn't too serious, my bloods came back ok. the hospital sayed they would contact my cpn and let me go home even though i needed help. my cpn (community psych doctor) comes and sees me every 6 weeks and i have no way to contact him if i feel unwell, health service here (N Ireland) is crap.

Fiver

Yeah, it sounds like it. I can't comprehend how irresponsible it is to send someone home without immediate followup after an attempted suicide.

Fiver

I see. My misunderstanding comes from your original post, bolding mine:

i took an overdose last night, im all right now. i was just so scared of losing control and thinking or saying something blasphemous. this fear is single handily ruining my life, i feel there is no hope and no cure for me. im left too suffer this terrible pain. i just wish i hadnt ocd.

When I read that someone feels that hope is lost and there is no cure, they are usually also stating they're suicidal, particularly when an overdose is mentioned. I apologize for misunderstanding.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.