More threads by amazingmouse

amazingmouse

Account Closed
It is not your fault bloodwood, it is a difficult system. Primary care providers are difficult to find due to the intentional under-staffing of the system with doctors here. Therefore, the sad reality is that even if they are not very caring or professional or knowledgeable, there will be more than enough patients waiting to see them. Imagine, there were only 5 plumbers in Ottawa, you would not have much of a choice if you get a flood. Something just does not work in this. I am not sure which one is worse - the public education or the public healthcare system. I am leaning towards the second. I think Ontario is a terrible place to live in. I also heard of some MDs and a lot of NPs who can not find any work in ON, due to under-supplying the public with providers. Surgeons can not find enough operating rooms to operate in. The hospitals keep cutting off all clinical staff. Very tough times are coming and a lot of Ontarians don't really care until they end up in hospital or end up managing their medical needs on their own. Of course, this is just my view of the situation, but it is an informed view unfortunately.

bloodwood

Full Member, Forum Supporter
Re: My Ativan

Hi amazingmouse,

"It is not your fault bloodwood, it is a difficult system."

But it is my responsibility is to take care of myself. It is not the doctor's or society's. If I am not willing to tell my professional there is a problem and make them act then it is me who has failed myself. If I don't take care for my own diabetes I can not blame them. The professionals are sort of like our ennobled assistants where we can follow their usually wise council or ignore at our possible peril. :)

Flaws in the system don't excuse me neglecting my own needs. I know there are flaws. But my jobs requires me to work with a large number of international students and I have come to cherish the fact that I was born a Canadian and have so much. And if I can't get off my butt and seek what I need then who's butt needs a little kick. I come from Nova Scotia and when I came to Ontario I was overwhelmed by the amount of money that flows freely and abundantly to and from everywhere here.

And you know what Ms. mouse? I learned to do my own plumbing. :)

But you are talking about apathy and mismanagement and I can not argue with you. It could be so much better. Personally I think the first step is to abolish senate and require ethical leadership. I think a bunch of wise 8 year old kids would do a fantastic job and they could be bribed with a trip to Macdonalds!

My family Doctor is a good person and competent. I respect her and like her. I must make better use of her. Canadians are complacent and we like it that way perhaps. A good example is some of the European populations and their ability to get angry enough to make changes...I guess I'm babbling now. Sorry. But you provoked me. :)

amazingmouse

Account Closed

I am wondering what would be your comfort level to make such comments about other continental groups (Africans, Asians and so on).
Or, is it historical in origin? Like the fact that Europeans settled here centuries ago and built this country based on common British law?
Also, guilt is destructive, there is no need to throw blame on an individual or on a whole continental group

bloodwood

Full Member, Forum Supporter

Uhhmmm...what blame are you talking about?
Amazingmouse please reread what I wrote. There is no blame indicated.

If you have ever had extended contact with people from poorer or less developed areas - africa, areas of asia, south america, middle east, rural russia even rural america or canadian reservations - you will know of the poverty, lack of infrastructure and services. If, after that, you aren't thankful for being in Canada I would be surprised. Take some time to research this. Get to know newly arrived immigant groups. And I mean know them well. Your complaints about Ontario and canadian goverment may abate a bit. Or at least take on a more balanced light. There is a whole world outside.

Peter

---------- Post Merged at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:22 AM ----------

But amazingmouse, I do appreciate you ideas about looking for a new doctor. Thankyou.

---------- Post Merged at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Also - for clarity -the European populations are the examples we should follow because they take active responsibilty for themselves. The comment that you provoked me was meant as humor. You did nothing to provoke me.

amazingmouse

Account Closed

For the blame, I meant mostly that you were blaming yourself for not being responsible for your healthcare, but you can't know everything.

[Off-topic content removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.