More threads by HA

HA

There are sometimes when I try to post a link with text so only the text is visible, that when I post a preview, some of the code is missing. I can try several times and get the same result. It just won't post the link with text.

For example:

http://www.loslonelyboys.org/home.aspx ]Los Lonely Boys[/url]

The front of the line of code, Cheers[/FONT]

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Do it this way, Judy:

1. Type the text you want displayed for the link.

2. Highlight the text.

3. Click on the little globe with the link above your Quick reply or Reply box and enter the URL.

4. Hit <Enter> or click on OK.

Done.

HA

Thank you, Dr Baxter. I thought there may be a more consistent way to do this.

While I have another post open; there are times when the bullets on 'list' ....won't list. Example:

bullet. text
text
text
text
Bullet. text

So, it indents all of the text lines ( not like example) but will only put bullets at the begining and end. I have tried backspacing and entering to no avail.

Cheers

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Again, the key is highlighting the text to bullet first. Then click on the bullets icon. (This can only be done from the full reply text box (Go advanced from quick reply).

Alternatively, if you're not doing a copy/paste, you can click on the bullets icon first and enter the items one by one.

Similar threads

When you post a Quotable Quote, please try to ensure that you provide correct attribution, i.e., the source of the quote.
Replies
Views
:hello:? ? ?:happy1:? No hand clapping ones so a wave and a tin of pop corn! Celebrate! Congrats! Heading to bed, sweet dreams to everyone!
Replies
Views
From time to time, members may want to post a photograph or a chart in these forums. For security reasons, I have not installed a file upload service here. Therefore, you need to have the picture on the internet somewhere. After that you simply supply the URL to the pic, highlight that URL (link) in your post, and then click on Img. This sets up the link as follows: [img ]www.somesite.com/somephoto.jpg[/img ] (extra spaces added so you can see the actual code) If you can't place the...
Replies
Views
I have used Microsoft Outlook as my email client for years and I'm still using Outlook 2010, for the most part successfully. (To be honest, I have thought about switching to Mozilla Thunderbird but I haven't yet found a way to transfer my existing emails and email archives from Outlook.) Periodically, after an update of some kind or just seemingly out of the blue, clicking on a link in an email no longer opens that link in my default browser, Firefox. There are reports of the same thing...
Replies
Views
How ADHD Resembles Retained Primitive Reflexes, and Vice Versa by Devon Frye, ADDitude November 9, 2017 When a puff of air blows in your face, you blink. When your hand touches a hot stove, you jerk it away. When the doctor taps your knee, your leg kicks forward. These automatic actions are reflexes, involuntary physical reactions to external or internal stimuli acting on our bodies. Reflexes are linked to specialized neural pathways that allow us to act upon signals before they...
Replies
Views