More threads by Ashley-Kate

Am i being "negative" when i say i probably will never be completely freed of my anorexia, or am i being just realistic. My family seems to think that once i got better that i don't think about food anymore that i don't think about the calories or about fat or stuff like that, they basically think that i am a completely different person. Is that the way it is supposed to be am i supposed to be "normal" again? I spoke to my nutritionist and i am doing good she even told me so but i currently don't eat what a normal person should which yet again is normal having restricted most of my life my body has to adjust. but it is frustrating when i see the efforts that i do and i am working really hard at maintaining that and people such as my family and friends just brush that off make it seem like i just got rid of a long cold and i am better now anorexia is thing of the past and will stay there. I don't want to tell them that i still have hard days that i still think of myself with a problem and i don't believe i will ever be able to sit at a table and eat cake or chips or whatever food that is not so healthy with them i am afraid if i tell them then that will stamp on my forehead forever anorexic when i do believe that one day i may find a better middle ground were i will control more and i will be able to find it easier to eat than now... AM i getting better will i ever be better than now or am i just going to stay this way close to healthy but not quite there?
ashley

Misha

Ashley, I don't think the thoughts ever completely go away. You just learn to live with them and cope without reverting to eating disorder behaviours. I think eventually as you develop a stronger identity in other things the thoughts will be less prominent, but I think it stays a part of who you are.

braveheart

I agree with Misha. That's how it is for me with my depression - I accept I will always have a tendency to depression, and do my best to live with and around it.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.