More threads by David Baxter PhD

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBas

Re: Quotable Quotes 4

One of the most valuable things we can do to heal one another is listen to each other's stories.
~Rebecca Falls

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Re: Quotable Quotes 5

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
re: Quotable Quotes Part 6

"We do not learn so much by our successes as we learn by failures—our own and others’. Especially if we see the failures properly corrected." ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

HBas

We're all creatures of habit. Repeat an action enough times and it becomes habitual — an unconscious behavior. Here's a worthwhile habit to work on developing: Each day, "catch" at least one person doing something good…and praise them. Over time, you'll acquire a natural tendency to focus on the good stuff!

~Eric Harvey

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

The best way to travel from a state of nervousness to a more natural one is to completely understand the situation. In other words, make the unknown known.

~Tony Jeary

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.
There is no way to peace. Peace is the way.
There is no way to enlightenment. Enlightenment is the way."

~ Thich Nhat Hanh

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"Life is available only in the present. That is why we should walk in such a way that every step can bring us to the here and the now." ~ Thich Nhat Hahn

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy." ~ Jim Rohn

"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings." ~ Anaïs Nin

desiderata

Quotable quote

"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength."

Charles H. Spurgeon (1834-1892)
Preacher

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." ~ Henry David Thoreau

“Freud: If it’s not one thing, it’s your mother.” ~ Robin Williams

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding about ourselves." – Carl Jung

"The main symptom of a psychiatric case is that the person is perfectly unaware that he is a psychiatric case." – Oleg P. Shchepin in the New York Times, Nov 1988.

A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
-- Robert Frost

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." ~ Leonard Cohen

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all.

~ Emily Dickinson

A neurosis is a secret that you don't know you are keeping.
Kenneth Tynan

Madness need not be all breakdown. It may also be break-through.
R.D. Laing, The Politics of Experience

There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900), "On Reading and Writing"

A man might pass for insane who should see things as they are.
William Ellery Channing

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.
William H. Mauldin

I suppose it is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.
G.B. Burgin

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

So it is too that in the eyes of the world it is dangerous to venture. And why? Because one may lose. But not to venture is shrewd. And yet, by not venturing, it is so dreadfully easy to lose that which it would be difficult to lose in even the most venturesome venture, and in any case never so easily, so completely as if it were nothing . . . one?s self.

~ Kierkegaard, The Sickness Unto Death (1849)

Status
Not open for further replies.