More threads by David Baxter PhD

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiderata

Re: Quotable Quotes 8

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

making_art

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it.
Charles M. Schulz

HBas

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle ~ Unknown

I love this common quote which I get from reading certain article, "the purpose of our life is to be happy" Somehow this made me think why would be affected in such problems, try to be happy as much as possible. Though problems are inevitable but it doesn't mean we can let it really affect our life.

HBas

A quote that I love from one of my Country's Heroes:

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world
~ Nelson Mandela

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow.

~ Norman Vincent Peale

"You are not a mistake. You are not a problem to be solved. But you won’t discover this until you are willing to stop banging your head against the wall of shaming and caging and fearing yourself." ~ Geneen Roth

desiderata

"Do you want to know who you are? Act! Action will delineate and define you." ~ Thomas Jefferson

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"Life is under no obligation to give you exactly what you expect. Whatever it is you’re seeking will rarely ever come in the form you’re expecting. Don’t miss the silver lining because you were expecting gold." ~ Source unknown

"Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain." ~ Vivian Greene

Sometimes people’s cruelty — if you allow them — can subdue your spirit. You must not let darkness descend upon your heart by letting their actions cloud your sunshine.

~Dodinsky

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

Whatever the tasks, do them slowly
with ease,
in mindfulness,
do not do any tasks with the goal
of getting them over with.
Resolve to each job in a relaxed way,
with all your attention.

~ Thich Nhat Hanh, Zen Master

HBas

Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
~Christian D Larson~

desiderata

"The greatest achievements were at first and for a time dreams. The oak sleeps in the acorn." ~ James Allen

Last edited by a moderator:

desiderata

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness." ~ James Thurber

Last edited by a moderator:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"Around here, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.