More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
@gooblax

Here's how to do quote breaking in Xenforo (and you don't even have to go into code mode):

MarkFL (what ever happened to him?) had a neat little addon for vBulletin 4 called Quote Breaker.

Basically, this allowed you to drop into code mode when you were quoting a longer post and easily break up the original quote to respond to specific portions sort of "inline".

It did this by inserting the /quote closing tag at your cursor and then dropping down a couple of lines to re-add the original opening quote tag.

Just a simple little addon but some of my members, not to mention myself, found this to be very handy at times.

All you have to do is position your cursor at the point where you want to break the quote and add a new one. That puts you outside the quote so you can respond to just that portion. See video below.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
MarkFL (what ever happened to him?) had a neat little addon for vBulletin 4 called Quote Breaker.
Put cursor after first line then hit enter. Now I can reply to just that part.
Basically, this allowed you to drop into code mode when you were quoting a longer post and easily break up the original quote to respond to specific portions sort of "inline".
Now I'm replying to the second paragraph.
It did this by inserting the /quote closing tag at your cursor and then dropping down a couple of lines to re-add the original opening quote tag.
The built-in Xenforo quotes do this automatically so we don't need an add-on. :)
Just a simple little addon but some of my members, not to mention myself, found this to be very handy at times.
And finally I can reply to the last part.

Easy peasy! :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.