• Quote of the Day
    "Over the course of our lives, we’ll constantly be transforming into a more and more authentic version of ourselves. Our preferences will change. Our passions will change. And we have to be brave enough to choose the thing that makes us happiest in each moment."
    Mike Iamele, posted by @gooblax

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP

"Worry less about what you make — that will mostly look after itself, and is to some extent beyond your control, and perhaps even none of your business — and devote yourself to nourishing this animating spirit. Bring all your enthusiasm to bear on the development of that good and essential force. This is done by a commitment to the creative act itself. Each time you tend to that ingenious spark it grows stronger, and sets afire the ordinary gifts of the imagination. The more dedication you show to the process, the better the work, and the greater your gift to the world. Apply yourself fully to the task, let go of the outcome, and your true voice will appear. You’ll see. It can be no other way."

~ Nick Cave

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP

Outside schools around the world you will see children playing tag (or maybe you called it tig, tips, it or bulldog), or perhaps a singing game, sport or imaginative play. It doesn't require wealth or education – where children have time, they will find a way to play – and it's not unique to humans either. So, what do we need play for? Why do we stop playing when we grow up? And should adults play more?

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
"Creativity doesn't wait for that perfect moment. It fashions its own perfect moments out of ordinary ones."

-- Bruce Garrabrandt

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
"In this world, artists are joyous. Unpredictability is the life of their paintings, their music, their novels. They delight in events not forecasted, happenings without explanation, retrospective."

― Alan Lightman, Einstein's Dreams

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."

~ Scott Adams

Last edited:

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
"For me, everything is a point of departure, not a point of arrival."

~ Fernando Pessoa

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
“The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.” ―Arthur C. Clarke

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.”

—Amelia Earhart

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP

The findings of a study by Emily Pronin of Princeton University and Harvard University's Daniel Wegner may explain the rapid growth of micro-blogging. The study suggests a link between short bursts of activity and feelings of joy, power, and creativity.

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
Quotes about creating music:

“It’s like tricking your brain to see in different patterns.”

“My best ideas happen when I’m not trying to write.”

“We need to be excessive to be simple.”

"It’s like panning for gold with my voice. But when it’s right, it’s amazing.”

~ Luke Steele

"I didn’t have a pick so I used my credit card." ~ Jonathan Sloan

Last edited:

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
"Irresponsibility is part of the pleasure of all art; it is the part the schools cannot recognize."

~ James Joyce

David Baxter

Administrator
It has been long known that ludic behavior is more than just play. It is an essential part of childhood behaviour, helping the child to develop physically, cognitively/neurologically, and socially.

Top Bottom