More threads by an0n

an0n

So I'm 33 (sounds bizarre saying that, or typing it in this case) and I've been on ODSP for several years now and I want to reintegrate into society, get off assistance, and find gainful employment. I've come to the conclusion that most of my afflictions are a combination of being self inflicted (drugs) and physical ailments that I've since dealt with (deviated septum causing sleep issues, undiagnosed allergies). I've cleaned up my act and I'm starting to feel better day by day, taking it day by day.

So instead of kicking up the hornets nest over at social services I figured I'd ask here.

Say I'm employed for a few months but for whatever reason things go south again will I have to reapply for ODSP? Obviously I will try to do everything to prevent that but there's a lot of different variables that could come into play here.

Re: reintegrating into society and osdp.

With ODSP you are allowed to make money i think up to 200 dollars then after that whatever you make is deducted from your odsp cheque.

If things do not go well with you getting back into work force i do believe also it is easier to get back on odsp because they know your history.

Talk with your mental health workers if you have one and also with the ODSP person that works with you.

They are there to help you transition back to work force and will explain to you everything that you need to know.

I am glad you are feeling stronger now and want to work don't be afraid to ask questions they are there to support you and will be there all the way if things do not go well.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Obviously I will try to do everything to prevent that but there's a lot of different variables that could come into play here.

I think my family was shocked I didn't go back on disability (SSDI, which is similar to ODSP as I am in the US). I have found the profession of caregiving to be very rewarding. One becomes emotionally attached to the clients and vice versa. So when my depression/anxiety would hit, it would be harder to quit.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.