More threads by Cat Dancer

I've been having restless, crawly legs in the evenings now for several months. It's starting to really bug me. Is there medication for this or would exercise help? Ugh. It's SO annoying. :mad:

Murray

I don't know too much about it but I have heard ads for meds to treat it. MY step father had back surgery and he is suffering with Restless Legs now. His doctor told him that it should improve when he starts him physical therapy, so I would imagine that exercise would help. As I said though, I don't really know. Makes you wonder why the heck I answered then, huh? :eek:

Hope you feel better soon Cat Dancer

Thank you. :) I am going to try exercising more. I guess I should mention it to my doctor next time I see her too. It's a weird problem. :eek:

Andy

MVP
I get that once in a while in my legs and arms. lol I think it's from my meds. It is SO annoying!! As Murray said there is a medication you can get. I take a benzo and that usually calms my body. I agree that exercise would help to, and no caffeine type things after like 5 or whenever. lol
I'm not sure I should have said anything either. lol

I do understand how annoying it is. I end up flopping around violently, all frustrated lol

Yes. It is SO annoying. I just want to run screaming. LOL. :eek:mg: Not sure what the neighbors would think. Or my kids and pets. :lol:

Andy

MVP
Doh! She's lost it! lol When I have it in my arms I punch the spot on my arm where it is bugging me the most and it works for a little bit. lol Never tried it for my legs though. *Note to self never let anyone stay over when feeling restless* "what are you doing?" "Beating myself up-duh!" lol

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Her doctor doesn't even want to prescribe the medications CD was on for depression and OCD while she's breastfeeding. I think it unlikely the doctor would prescribe medication for restless leg syndrome at this point.

However, you might talk to the doctor about supplements (zinc, magnesium, potassium come to mind), especially given that you've been through several months of pregnancy and then breastfeeding and you don't always eat that well. You may well have a deficiency.

Also, if it's been getting worse recently, it's possible the Zoloft is aggravating things.

Andy

MVP
Right. I keep forgetting your breastfeeding Cat Dancer. I was just thinking that the nutrition component that Dr.Baxter said may be something for sure as I have poor nutrition as well.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.