More threads by Ashley-Kate

I started again it has become sort of a rootine actually i am haing a hard time deling with lots of things that are going on in my life and the stress itself is on high so every day after work or before work i fall into a mind set that i need to self injure it is like a drug i don't know i just feel that i would go crasy if i don'T i don't know how to cut the pattenr and i already tried just not comming home but i find a way to do it anyway i just feel so overwelmed and i don't want my life to be like this i am sick of it !!
yours trully
ashley

Re: again...

I'm sorry, Ashley. I can relate. I'm kind of stuck in this pattern right now.

The things that work for me are to put it off and put it off and put it off until sometimes the urge passes. It doesn't always work, but sometimes it does.

Sometimes I can distract myself by really getting busy doing something else, cleaning, walking, organizing, reading.

It's hard and my heart goes out to you.

Talking about it in therapy is helping me a lot too. Being aware of the WHY am I doing this and that it's not ok and that it does matter, that I matter is helpful.

Cavi

Re: again...

Hi Ashley-Kate...I am so sorry your having a hard time...I'm not very good at advice but I understand the struggling with SI...There are a few things you can try to see if you can keep from Si'ing....I don't know your method of SI but I hope this may help...1. Get a ice cube and hold it tightly in your hand, it smarts but it won't hurt you...2. Put a rubber band on your wrist and pop it HARD...3. Take a red magic marker and color your area that you SI...It looks like blood but easily washed off...I feel bad I cant think of more right now but when I do, I'll post it!...

I know when you get in that state its hard!...Oh heres a hotline to...1-800-DontCut...I am going to paste it by my phone...rimh

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.