More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
We are experiencing some server issues today.

1. If you try to reply to a topic by clicking on the Reply button, you type in your message, hit post, and get a "403 Error - you do not have access to view this page" or something similar

2. You CAN reply using the Quick reply box at the bottom of the thread - that works

3. Some members are also reporting slow forum response and time-outs; I assume this is the same or a similar issue

4. Last time this happened (April 2006), it was a server configuration error. I have submitted a report to tech support and am waiting for a reply.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Response from my host:

"We apologize for the inconvenience. We are aware of this issue and our server administrators are currently working on it. It will be resolved soon. So please be patient until your issue is resolved."

Retired

At 11:00 am while the server hiccupped, I was unable to use the Quick reply box, though it seems it was available to others.

Probably about 5:30 or maybe a little before that. I just got something that said 404 error and something else but I can't remember what it was.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Whatever was going on this morning was not just with this web site but with the entire server at the host I use, involving some sort of Apache configuration, I believe. It may be that they had to reboot the server or something to more permanently rectify the situation around 5:30 EDT - I believe Toeless complained about a similar problem with one of her posts at that time.

ThatLady

Another forum with which I'm involved had difficulties about the same time. It lasted longer for them than for this forum.

Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/psychlin/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1436Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/psychlin/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1886

Just had this message whilst trying to post!!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
My host has been having some problems off and on over the past couple of weeks with the database server. They seem to be able to get it corrected fairly quickly - I don't know if it's just high demand or something else but I know they're aware of it and working on it.

Usually, if you just hit the back button try again in a few seconds or a minute or two it's fine.

foghlaim

only prob i have at the min is the refreshing or going to another topic takes ages to load.

this doesn't happen on another site i go to.. just thought i'd throw that in as well.

and yes i've hit the back button to get back on, but u lose anything you had typed in a response.
anyway like u said they are aware of it and working on it.
thanks for the info david.

Peanut

Hey, when that starts happening I always highight and copy what I've typed in case I lose it...you might try that while it's getting fixed.

foghlaim

I know this thread is an older one, but today having similar probs to some of the above mentioned ones. "can't find page"... icons not showing prop at first then eventually filling in. trying to refresh a page somtimes comes up with can't find page or just takes ages.. this is happening throughout the day, on and off as it were.

sensing a little deja vu here..:(

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.