More threads by lala2

lala2

Hello everyone it's my first post here. I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I've been working away from home for 12 months, partially due to N mum. N Mum has behaved herself well over the phone, but you know how Ns are--it could just be a facade. Now some really lucrative jobs have been advertised in my home city. All of them are at the opposite end of town, but all in bad areas. Now I'm not so worried about the fact they're in bad areas because they're bad but more the fact that if I got the job, my options are like this:​

- Live with parents in really good area (Mum would love this), but run the risk of copping Mum's abuse (that's the other question--has she changed, or is this just a facade)

- Live away from parents (I like this) in an okay area but may have to cop Mum's complaints that "why couldn't you live with us?" "why couldn't you get a job in a better area?" (meaning our area, and that's hard to beat when you're living in the second richest area in the whole city) and still have to commute (I don't mind, but I'm scared she'll go "well since you have to commute anyway, why don't you stay with us?" She complained why didn't I fly to my current contract instead of taking the bus so this is not beyond the realms of possibility)

- Live away from parents in the actual areas where I'm working but will then definitely cop complaints that "it's not safe! (I agree) why can't you stay with us?"

Sorry if the above didn't make much sense, but the bottom line is I'm really keen on these jobs, and I'm wondering what to do. Should I apply? If I get the jobs, which option should I pick? (I like the look of the middle one, but then I'm worried they might come badger me, and then how do I say I don't want to let you know where I'm living?) Arghhhhhhh

Always do what YOU would like hun YOu control your path ok and you set boundaries so your mother or anyone else does not interfere with You and future you chose

Marieta

You have to do what make you happy and valuable for yourself. It everyone live come this period when they have to get away from their parents and start their own life and this is the best thing that they can do.

GDPR

GDPR
Hi lala2. Welcome to Psychlinks.I agree with what forgetmenot said.

---------- Post Merged at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:21 PM ----------

I just realized this is an older thread.

Hopefully you will come back for a visit and let us know what you decided.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.