- Aug 5, 2004
Example solution-focused coaching prompts include:
- What are grounds for optimism?
- 0–10, what would be different at +1 on your scale?
- What would others notice at +1?
- When does your perfect future happen, even a little bit?
- How did you make that happen?
- Where in your life have you overcome similar problems?
- Who believes you could do this?
- What other resources do you have that can help?
- Supposed the problem went away overnight: How would you know?
- What would you notice was different?
- Describe concrete observable behaviours – from different points of view: boss, colleagues, friends, computer?
- What else? What else? What else?
- What would you like to happen?
- How will you know you've achieved it?
- What was the best you ever did (at this thing)?
- What will be the first signs that you're getting better?
- What would your family, your partner, your friends and strangers notice is different about you?
- What will be difference since your last catch up with me?