More threads by Bonnie Rind

Based on CBT techniques advocated by Dr. David Burns, users manage stress and anxieties on demand and within moments using their iPhones, iPads and/or iPods. I wrote the apps for my own use and have heard a lot of positive feedback from others, including from a therapist in NY who uses the app clinically.

iCBT for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icbt/id355021834?mt=8 (iPhone & iPod)

iCBT for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store
itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icbt-for-ipad/id408818034?mt=8 (iPad)

Feel free to contact me with any questions or difficulties.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
regarding the iPad version:

I did not try this app, but I have to agree with the reviews at iTunes. $8 is too much to try this app, especially since Apple stopped allowing for refunds. I prefer apps that are lower in cost but offer in-app purchases for extra features. That way there is less risk.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

The CBT iPhone app, mentioned above, is good. I bought it over a year ago but installed it for the first time today. (Updates are free via iTunes.)

Another set of iPhone and iPad apps by the same developer concerns procrastination:

i Can Do It: Transform Procrastination into Action on the iPhone and iPad
($2.99 & $4.99)

I just tried the procrastination iPad app and it seems to be both fun and effective. It looks very similar to the CBT app since both apps use the same CBT methods. One difference is that the procrastination app does not let you e-mail your work.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.