More threads by Cat Dancer

Tonight I am struggling with bad thoughts and I put a blanket in the dryer and let it warm up and then wrapped it around myself. It helped me a lot. I feel calmer. I know it might not always work, but maybe it might work sometimes.

Mari

MVP
A warm blanket for a warm heart :) I can certainly use one tonight. I have been very ill for the past two weeks and just finished my medication today and I am finally feeling okay. My main focus in therapy lately has been insomnia so at least I had no worries about that. The first week all I did was sleep except for getting up long enough to take my medicine, sip some fluids, pee, and then right back to sleep. Now if a warm blanket can heal a broken heart then I will be just fine :hug:

AmZ

I think you were spot on CD. I've heard of something similar being done in order to contain oneself and be calmer. My ex-American roommate used to swaddle herself in hot damp towels all around her body and one over her forehead.

She said that I should try it and I said I will, but I still haven't done so!

Toasted cat sounds yummy - good! In a non-eating way!

I made the choice to NOT self injure a couple of nights ago when things were really bad. I know it was the right choice. My therapist wants me to be proud of myself and I am trying but it feels weird to be proud of myself. I am glad I made the right choice. I guess that's as close as I can get to proud right now. :)

I messed up. I hurt myself bad enough to last for a long time though so maybe the urge won't be as great. :( Just a screwup as always.

I guess I just gave in to a dumb compulsion. It didn't help anything and I don't feel better for doing it. i wish I hadn't. :(

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.