More threads by Cat Dancer

I have these thoughts that taking medication FOR ME is immoral and I should not do it. Yes, I have been taking it anyway, but it leaves me with this awful feeling that I'm doing some awful harm to something or someone or to God. I know that if I don't take it it will only get worse for me. I HATE this struggle in my mind though. I feel very anxious about taking the medication.

I also am very caught up in some religious ocd thinking right now. :( I feel overwhelmed and so much like I need to fix this, but I have no idea how.

I just wish I could sit still and have peaceful thoughts and not disturbing ones. :(

adaptive1

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I can relate to your post about medication, I am obsessing that it will kill me and that if I take it I wont wake up in the morning. Im glad I read your post as it makes me more able to see that my medication fears are OCD related as well. Maybe hearing my obsessive thought on the medication will make you realize the same thing for yours.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Great, great work for looking more critically at these thoughts CD.

As well as not acting on them. Excellent work!! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Remember the ways you can look at the anxiety, watch it..... perhaps writing down a number from 1 to 10 of how high the anxiety is, during each attack of ignoring the thoughts....
Coming back and writing the number again after maybe thirty seconds, one minute, or two minutes, or five minutes... Depending how your therapist might suggest doing it?Carrying on doing that until the number goes down...
Watch how breathing through it and just waiting on it, the number will eventually go down.

Be sure to stay in close contact with your therapist about the strategies for these thoughts. You and he probably need to work out a specific attack plan against this - specific help and advice for these thoughts and what to do when they are assaulting you.

Doing so, success in reducing or managing these thoughts is very possible.

Super proud of you for the scary work of sticking to the medication, not trusting these thoughts, and looking at them for what they are, CD!! You have done a REALLY excellent thing here!! xoxo

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.