More threads by Ashley-Kate

saying good bye to behaviors that have been a big part of your life for well in my case 10 years and even more is really hard weather people want to believe it or not it's like you are losing a person that you have known for so long and that is far from being easy even if it is not a good friend! for example this is like you were friends with this person for so long until you realised that this person was using you and betrayed your trust , it still hurts even if you are mad!
some ways to let go is by realy identifying it (the e-d) as a completly different person, therefore it makes the process easier cause it is not like you are losing a part of you but simply someone that has hurt you and that doesn'T deserve your friendship!
in other cases i decided that i was unable to dissassociat myself from the e-d havign lived with it for over half of my life at the moment that wasn't possible so i started with just keeping certain behaviors that are healthy but are related to controling such as staying vegetarien but when i say that i don't mean only eat fruit and veggies i mean eating tofu eating other supplements of protein in different foods! and eating full meals just with no meat. in that case i get to control my food and feel proud about it although when i was deeper in my anorexia i was never happy enough!
talk to your familly tell them that you are trying to get better or that you are doing better tell them not to make a big deal but if they are proud of you they shoudl tell you cause well let metell you it feels a hole lot better them getting yelled at cause you aren't eating enough, and it helps tell them that you don't want them to watch you like a hawlk but you also have to realsie that if you need help to ask them,
promiss yourself that you wil fight hard that you won't give up, by doing this you are not only going to be more successfull btu it is proven that if your motivation comes from you there is a greater chance of success than if you do it to make someone else happy! and plus when you relapse if you do (cause in recovery it is possible donT' see it as a faillure) you will know that you can make it and you will want to even more cause you made yourself the promiss to do so!
anyway i just wanted to share that with you so that the ones that think they can't make it will think twice abotu giving up!!! cause in my opinion "giving up is not an option"
A-K

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.