More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The Ups And Downs of Bipolar Disorders: A 2009 lecture by Serge Beaulieu - Part 1
June 7, 2010

Serge Beaulieu, MD, PhD, FRCPC, Researcher and Medical Chief of the Mood, Anxiety and Impulsivity Disorders Program, and Medical Chief of the Bipolar Disorders Program at the Douglas Institute, explores the myths and misconceptions about bipolar disorders in this 2009 Mini-Psych school lecture.

Part 2 of this talk (in English): The Ups And Downs of Bipolar Disorders: A 2009 lecture by Serge Beaulieu - Part 2

See YouTube - Douglas Institute's Channel for more mental health talks,

:2thumbs:I know it varies from person to person but how many times in a lifetime do you estimate a bipolar I receives hospitalization. I know this one says around 25 is the first one! Any one know?

Been There Done That

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

I meant age 25 is about the age of the first one! How many times have you needed hospital care?

Andy

MVP
:2thumbs:I know it varies from person to person but how many times in a lifetime do you estimate a bipolar I receives hospitalization. I know this one says around 25 is the first one! Any one know?

I think it's probably hard to estimate that. Some people may never end up in hospital, some once or twice, others 50 etc. It all depends on the person, and how ill they may or may not be, and how well they comply with treatment.

I agree it depends on the person-I have been hospitalized 3 times this year. I am curious with the bipolar people reading this site, how many times have you been hospitalized? ( I am looking for actual people going through this...how many times for you...3 times , most of the time, 12 times)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.