More threads by Jesse910

First, let me state that I try to stay in medication compliance. However, I miscalculated my meds and am without Trazodone for another 48 hours. This is my second day. I do not advise going cold turkey. In addition to night sweats, I have day sweats, hyper energy, non-stop chattering at times (it's driving me nuts), and I cannot sleep. Parts of me wants to yell and scream. Thank goodness, I have the ability to hold my tongue until more appropriate times (like in the shower or with the windows rolled up in the car). I feel like playing Gloria Gaynor's song, "I will survive." Seriously, I'm going to walk on the treadmill after work and see if that helps. I will not venture down this path again. This was royally a stupid move on my part.

Now, that I've confessed, I will try to feel better.

Oh Jessie can you not talk to your pharmacist about this and just get 2 days of dosage until you get to speak to doctor again sometime the pharmacist will phone your doc for you and get you covered for those 2 days you should not have to suffer like this hugs

I have a prescription waiting for me. I will pick it up on Thursday. This has to do with finances and miscalculations. I will endure and be okay. I just do not recommend this for anyone.

I hear you and i am glad you will be ok but i am sure pharmacist will allow you to pick up the meds for 2 days and they will charge you later

The pharmacist will want to see you kept stable and not have the medication fall in your system

I know this has happen several times to people i look after and the pharmacist always gave them the medication needed until the prescription came through
You just should not have to suffer ok not when your pharmacist will work with you hugs

Thanks Forgetmenot. Years ago, I use to go to a really small pharmacy and I could get a day's supply of meds. Not so anymore.

Take care.

Well that is not good dealing with a pharmacist that does not take into consideration their clients health
I guess living in a small community has its benefits still Hugs to you

Retired

Jesse,

If it were me and the pharmacist would not accommodate me for a couple of days of medications in such a situation, I would switch to another pharmacy in a heartbeat. This seems to me to be inexcusable inflexibility on the pharmacist's part, unless it involves controled drugs.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.