More threads by Jackie

I think in the wrong hands this could be very dangerous. There is no quick fix to anything that includes weight loss. To maintain the weight loss you have to eat properly and exercise thats it. just my opinion mary

Jackie

I agree Mary. I popped out for a paper and my local chemists have big adverts in the windows about them, like they were selling make-up or something. I can see people being ill or something happening. Tablets like these need to be controlled and patients monitored

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
That is dangerous. I agree people need to be monitored on those types of medications for vitamin and mineral loss or abuse of those medications.

I think it is awful to make that an over the counter med.

Andy

MVP
This is not good at all. Personally, I would be all over that. With someone with ED issues already that wouldn't be good. Like dangling a carrot...

This is just going to cause even more people (the UK has a really high percentage already, I believe I read that somewhere, don't hold me to that) to develop eating disorders. Then they will probably see that it's not a good thing but it will be to late, they will already have the sick people.

I don't understand why they don't leave it/make it prescription only so it will at least only land in the hands of those who really need the extra help. I agree that eating right and exercise are the way to go but some people do need the extra help.

This actually makes me quite angry. Excuse the rant. lol

Jackie

STP,

You are right about the high percentage of people with eating disorders. Channel 4 did a documentary just this week about the cost to the NHS in treating obese teenagers. I think these teenagers are the ones targetted by this drug and will proberly cost the NHS even more when they take this tablet and it makes them ill and causes other complications.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.