More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

A simple but highly effective exercise to grow unconditional love is to stand in front of the mirror, look yourself in the eyes and say ?I love you very much. I love myself very much?.

Now the good thing is that you don?t have to mean it for it to work. Your mind, physical body and heart will believe it. And you will start believing it when you repeat this daily.

Simple, but almost all my clients burst into tears when I ask them to do it. I first show how I do it and then I ask them to repeat it while looking at themselves. And they find it so very difficult! Most people don?t even like themselves and are taught to only ?love? others.

But what is love when it comes from a dry well? Replenish yourself, work on your self-confidence, nurture yourself with unconditional love and you will be a shining star amongst humanity.

Can you do it? Go try! Keep it up for some time and tell me how it goes.

AmZ

And to put the icing on the cake, here is what myself and a couple of patients did today out on the grass using petals from various flowers.

Happy Valentines Day and Love Yourself Day!!

photo.JPG

wow was going to ask my T how do i stop hating me so much I often look in the mirror and say you will be okay everything is okay m but i never nor do i think i could ever say those words to me hard exercise to do you know because as you say the emotions come and take over then and losing ones control is never acceptable can't even say those words in my mind how can one look at themselves and say them when i look at me all i feel is hatred and anger.

AmZ

I don't know why, but I keep finding random hearts around the hospital. Someone must be in love!

photo.JPG

JonDoe

I tried to love and appreciate myself through projection mentally when i was ever physically alone and safe i always found that my mind ,body and heart never really bought it .

But here you use a mirror ;), does this make the projection external and there for work ?
because i will apply this logic to most of what i seem to understand needs physical form to take effect and eventually develope into a day to day positive subconcious?

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Unconditional positive regard restores hope by showing us we are loved and accepted. From Roger’s lens, when people feel safe, honesty follows. And being honest with ourselves and others is crucial for change.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.