More threads by RBM

RBM

All my life I've had shaking and I get irritated when I hear sounds like spoons scraping on bowls or when certain surfaces scrap together. The shaking is a constant thing, I always shake but it's not violent it's just small bit, a bit like you do when you are cold.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what this would be? it's not just a temporary thing like anxiety or something like that, even at my best feeling times I have it, although it sometimes is lessoned when I feel "good".

ThatLady

Does anyone else in your family have tremors, RBM? Essential tremor tends to run in families. I have it, as does my brother. My father had it, too. There are some medications that might help, like beta-blockers, but you'll need to discuss it with your doctor. If it's essential tremor, there are things you can try. :eek:)

RBM

I've never known anyone in my immediate or extended family that's had it. I got the nickname "Shakey" because other people would notice I shaking and would wonder what's wrong with me.

It doesn't actually bother me that much, but I just thought it might have some connection to my sensitivity to certian types noises which, on the other hand, bothers me a great deal.

Similar threads

Pot meds for pets? Vets want clinical trials CBC News December 7, 2017 Legal barriers to research mean dosage, toxicity, safety of marijuana-based pet drugs unknown Dr. Byron Maas surveys a supply of marijuana products for dogs that lines a shelf in his veterinary clinic. They're selling well. "The 'Up and Moving' is for joints and for pain," he explains. "The 'Calm and Quiet' is for real anxious dogs, to take away that anxiety." People anxious to relieve suffering in their pets are...
Replies
Views
lol That's great NakedWombat. I like that you use humour to talk about such a serious thing as Tourette Syndrome. The best way to do it, for anything condition really. lol You had me laughing pretty good when I had a mental picture of someone running up and giving you the Heimlich maneuver. lol TC:)
Replies
Views
A Debilitating Disease That Is Often Unknown By ANNA SEATON HUNTINGTON, New York Times October 10, 2008 Mimi Winsberg never knew that the energy bars and pasta that sustained her during endurance training were also making her ill. She had completed dozens of triathlons and marathons, but four years ago, when she was in her late 30s, her health and athletic performances rapidly and inexplicably spiraled downward. Winsberg, a psychiatrist in San Francisco, said she and a string of...
Replies
Views
Breakingviews: Elon Musk probably won’t buy Twitter https://www.reuters.com/breakingviews/elon-musk-probably-wont-buy-twitter-2022-04-27 By Lauren Silva Laughlin and Gina Chon, Reuters April 28, 2022 Tesla CEO Elon Musk attends the Tesla Shanghai Gigafactory groundbreaking ceremony in Shanghai, China January 7, 2019. NEW YORK, April 27 (Reuters Breakingviews) - Four years ago, Elon Musk vowed to set up a peanut brittle company to take on Warren Buffett’s iconic U.S. confectioner See’s...
Replies
Views