More threads by J PTSD

J PTSD

I'm going to my psychiatrist tomorrow and asking a whole punch of questions.

Does anybody know, is there a burn out point for anxiety? Like it just happens out of no where A LOT, even though I'm not being threatened by going to the store, going out with friends.

I do these activities, and come home emotionally drained. I have a great time with friends, but just plain drained, and CAN NOT calm down for many hours after I get home. I want to have a life, but I have to choose not to go out knowing, I'm so burnt out when I get home.

Or maybe this is a PTSD symptom too?

If I had a choice I would to a out patient program for a few months and get my anxiety under control.
:peek: <---- that's a cute smiley

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

That was supposed to be "bunch" not "punch", LOL

Maybe that's subconscious.........LOL

Re: Unknow triggers to anxiety

I think if you are holding all your anxiety inside while you are out it takes alot of energy to keep it there so when you get home you can be physically exhausted from wearing a mask so to speak It is good to talk to your pdoc about this though maybe pdoc can shed more light on what is happening I hope you have had a regular check up as well medical done as you may have other reasons as to why your exhausted hugs

J PTSD

Re: Unknow triggers to anxiety

Thanks Spirit,

I think it is neurological, like Multiple sclerosis, but the neur Dr, can't find anything.

That was another thing I was going to ask during my visit tomorrow.

Andy

MVP
I'm going to my psychiatrist tomorrow and asking a whole punch of questions.

Does anybody know, is there a burn out point for anxiety? Like it just happens out of no where A LOT, even though I'm not being threatened by going to the store, going out with friends.

That was supposed to be "bunch" not "punch", LOL

Maybe that's subconscious.........LOL
That's great that you are going into your appointment with your questions. :) I get so much more out of appointments if I write down things ahead of time. Unfortunately I rarely remember my "remember to ask" list and if I do remember to bring it I forget about it in the appointment. lol I've thought of putting something like a string around my finger but I would just look at that and go "Oh look, a string on my finger!" I would need something out there like a big red clown nose I think. lol Not recommended for mental health type appointments. Babble. I hope you get all your questions answered.

I think everyone is different when it comes to anxiety, some people are fine as soon as they are removed from whatever it was that was making them anxious and some can leave that situation and it will take a while for the anxiety to lesson and some people get anxious and have a hard time getting it to dissipate.
It's perfectly normal to feel exhausted after have an anxiety filled day, from emotions and all the physical things your body goes through.

lol I was thinking that too about the "punch" misspell. lol :lol:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.