More threads by Cat Dancer

I'm trying to make my home more inviting. I borrowed some books from the library that kind of go with the style I like to get some ideas.

I'd like less clutter for one thing. But I still want my special things around, like my snowglobes and my little teacups and things like that.

I also like a lot of pillows on the couch and the bed.

My curtains are outdated. I need to learn how to sew. That's one thing I've always wanted to do.

I'd like to get some African violets to put in our bow window. Do cats eat African violets?

Anyway, rambling away.

What makes your home cozy and inviting to you?

ladylore

Account Closed
I like throw blankets on my couch and chair. I drape them along the arm of the chair or the back of the couch. If anyone wants to curl up and warm themselves the light blanket is there.

What makes my home cozy is leaving out special and unique items that I have collected over the years. I have cards (artistic prints) on the side table and window sill in my living room. I have sweetgrass, an incense burner and a buddha shrine on another table beside my desk.

What people comment on my place is that they know someone lives there. Ok, yes I am a bit untidy, but not messy. Sometimes leaving a few dishes undone and leaving a book or two out tells a person that they don't have to watch what they do or place things likes dishes. Its comfortable.

What people comment on my place is that they know someone lives there. Ok, yes I am a bit untidy, but not messy. Sometimes leaving a few dishes undone and leaving a book or two out tells a person that they don't have to watch what they do or place things likes dishes. Its comfortable.

I like that. We recently had a family reunion at a family member's house and I just felt so at home there. It was a little messy, but it just felt homey and cozy.

Throw blankets are a good idea. I like a nice blanket.

big screen tv and recliner? beer and burgers? :lol:

i think we definitely have a split between the male and female coziness of a place :D men and women are definitely from different planets :lol:

lallieth

Put a pretty throw over the recliner and knit a beer cozy and you get the best of both worlds LOL

I dislike clutter,but I have small collections of certain things that I group together and they are my "stuff" I also like fragrant candles and cozy throws.

Books! Great idea. I love books. Candles and plants are good to. I wonder what kind of plants are compatible with a two year old and a cat.

Beer and burgers. :lol: :p

Halo

Cozy for me is my throw blanket, scented candles and my stereo with a variety of cd's available for different moods.

Elizabeth

a nice warm log fire(Wish I had one) a nice chair/sofa to curl up on in front of it
hot mug of tea/cocoa, a good film on the tele or one of mine. Having baths/showers.

Neil

Just my own chair, my shower, my bed, etc. I just came home from my holidays where I visited my friend in Dubai. Don't get me wrong, it was nice though I missed home. It didn't even cost me much because my friend owns some nice Dubai property so I could save the money for the hotel but I just missed my own four walls. Can't get better than enjoying a good book in my chair.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.