More threads by braveheart

braveheart

I've just finished reading Hidden by Cathy Glass, and am now onto The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.

How about you?

ladylore

Account Closed
I am trying to think - What am I reading right now. In non-fiction "A new earth" Eckart Tolle. And I have 3 novels on the go. One's an Irish detective novel but I can't think of the name off the top of my head. I started a novel by John Saul and I have a few other books that I have picked up and put down. :eek:

What is interesting is that whatever I read I tend to incorporate the language into my writing or speech. I have been told that at this moment I have more of an English/Irish slant to my speech and writing. :D

:goodpost:

Halo

I am actually not reading anything....besides posts on the forum :lol:

I find that I tend to go in waves with reading. I will be really keen on reading and almost obsessed with book after book and could do that for months and then it starts to wear off and I can go for a couple of months without reading much at all. When the wave hits though I can spend hours reading :read:

lallieth

I just finished a fantastic book by Dean Koontz called "The darkest evening of the year" about a very special golden retriever/angel.It is alot different than what he usually rights,but he did it in memory of his own beloved golden Trixie,who has gone on to the Rainbow Bridge

No one is surprised when Amy risks her life to save Nickie, nor when she takes the female golden into her home. The bond between Amy and Nickie is immediate and uncanny. Even her two other goldens, Fred and Ethel, recognize Nickie as special, a natural alpha. But the instant joy Nickie brings is shadowed by a series of eerie incidents. An ominous stranger. A mysterious home invasion. And the unmistakable sense that someone is watching Amy's every move and that, whoever it is, he's not alone.Dean Koontz Website, Suspense novel - Dean Koontz - The Official Site

Lana

I'm in fiction mood lately.

I just finished "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Philippa Gregory. It was a good read and I didn't realize that most of it was based on actual history. If you like period stuff, that's a page turner, this book is for you.

Now I'm reading Jonathan Kellerman's "Obsession". It's the psychologist Alex Delaware series. Always liked them. :D

lallieth

I'm in fiction mood lately.

I just finished "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Philippa Gregory. It was a good read and I didn't realize that most of it was based on actual history. If you like period stuff, that's a page turner, this book is for you.

Now I'm reading Jonathan Kellerman's "Obsession". It's the psychologist Alex Delaware series. Always liked them. :D
If you enjoy The Other Boleyn Girl" you should read Phillipa Gregory's other books in the Tudor Series..

Constant Princess
The Boleyn Inheritance
The Queen's Fool: A Novel

I could never get into fiction, but always have at least 3 non-fiction books on the go (and rarely completely finish any of them, lol).

Right now I'm reading "Constructive Living" by David Reynolds, "The Zen Path Through Depression" by Philip Martin (which is excellent) and "The Theory of Poker" by David Sklansky.

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
I am reading 'sense and sensibility' at the moment. I went and saw 'the jane austen book club' at the movies and thought I ought to read the Jane Austen books I haven't read before.

I am reading "Women who run with the wolves" by Clarissa Pincola Estes. Beautiful read, she just speaks my language. Stories, myths, fairy tales...I express my truths through stories...and she swims into stories and translates them to us. I am in love with this read...:heart:

Lana

I have "Women who run with the wolves" also. It's a great read but I wouldn't say an easy one. :blush: For those not familiar with her work, in this book, she uses old folk tales and fairy tales and breaks them down into psychological components and how they relate to women archetypes, their psychology. It's quite interesting and would probably make for a good book club read where you read a section and then discuss it.

rosedragon

Currently reading Paradise by Abdulrazak Gurnah. It's story about African slave and this book is quiet good. But I'm too distracted these days to finish it.

I'm putting reviews about books I read in my blog anyway. ;)

ladylore

Account Closed
I just finished reading Blind Spots: Why Smart People Do Dumb Things by Madeleine L. Van Hecke. It's a psychology book that I really enjoyed and learned alot from. Great read.

braveheart

Deliver me from evil - by Alloma Gilbert. Another abuse survivor biography.

and

Healing your emotional self - by Beverley Engel

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.