More threads by GDPR

GDPR

GDPR
This has been such a long,cold,depressing winter.I am SO looking forward to Spring and all the things I will be able to do.

The main things I am fantasizing about are:

Being outside.
Planting flowers.
Not wearing a coat!
Not being afraid to drive(still too much snow/ice right now,and it scares me)
Being outside.
Being outside.
Being outside!

Mari

MVP
I am trying not to think about spring because it still seems so far away. Shoveling snow at least gets me outside although I am running out of room to pile the snow. I am trying to get some of my indoor plants to bloom but not having much luck with that.

Fantasize about:

No snow on my deck chairs so I can sit out and have tea
Seeing the first Robin of spring
Not worrying about whether my car is actually going to stop at the stop sign
Watching for the crocuses which will be the first hopeful sign of warmer weather

GDPR

GDPR
I am trying not to think about spring because it still seems so far away.

I am the opposite,it's what I have been thinking about,a lot,and it doesn't seem very far away to me.I just want to be able to sit outside,to feel the fresh air.I have been trapped inside for far too long.

If I do go outside right now,it's just long enough to run to the car and get in.I hate winter.I hate the way my skin feels,I hate feeling trapped,I hate the cold.

Ftbwgil

I laughed when I read your thread LIT because I hated winter the day it started. I run to the car and evrywhere else and my neck shrinks by about 3 inches as I try to raise my shoulders to cover my ears when Im outside LOL. I only watch tv in the winter.. No Life.. We disconnect the cable as of the 15ht of may because I watch a whole year of TV in the 4 months of winter. You have to admit us Northerners are tough as nails to survive this Brrrrrrrrr

GDPR

GDPR
As much as I hate winter,I have to admit that a couple of times,after heavy snow,I looked at the snow covered trees,roads,etc.,and it looked SO pretty that it almost made me cry.

Everything looked so...pure.I wish that I could draw or paint it...I wish I had taken pictures.

---------- Post Merged at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:31 PM ----------

I'm not going to spend warm weather inside,doing nothing.

I plan on getting over my bridge phobia by driving over one every week.Once I master that it will open a whole new world for me...the other side of town.And I may join a gym,start walking daily,go to the mall.....

GDPR

GDPR
And I want to plant a certain type of flower,I can't think of the name right now,that attracts butterflies.I hate how the flowers smell,I think they smell awful,but I planted those a few years ago and had SO many butterflies.

I couldn't stand to pull the weeds because the flowers smell so bad and I couldn't stand having that scent on me,but it was worth it.

Marigolds...that's what they're called....

DivineMyst

Butterflies are pretty. I'm not much of a flower person either, but not because they smell... I'd rather plant food than flowers.

GDPR

GDPR
I like planting flowers,just not marigolds,but I am going to plant them again so I will have butterflies.

Planting food is okay,but a lot of work,more work than flowers I think. What do you grow? I have grown tomatoes and cucumbers and that's about it.

W00BY

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
You can buy seed pack for attracting butterflies into you garden...I like butterflies myself so I plant some milkweed every year but I like bees more and they need help just now

I find a mixture of st john wort and any herbs that flower eg...Lavender, Thyme, Rosemary will drive bees crazy

I love those first hints that spring is coming...slightly longer and lighter days buds on trees migratory birds returning

BUT my very fave moment is that first morning you can smell spring in the air

It gets me sooooooooooo excited... I do think it is a primeval switch we have just like all the other animals!

CMON SPRING!!!!!

GDPR

GDPR
I was reading online how to attract butterflies.It said 'puddling',and at first I was thinking what kind of pudding do I buy?Vanilla?Chocolate?Then I realized it said puddling,not pudding.Had to laugh at myself for that.

I've been checking out how to make a butterfly garden.I guess I didn't realize that they are more attracted to certain colors,need stones to rest and bask on and a place for puddling.

I love the first morning you can smell Spring in the air too WOOBY.But I think my favorite thing is just being able to be outside.

I want to make another garden at the entry of my driveway it has a huge field stone there and i would like to plant bulb flowers around it so they come up each year Hope i can get hsb to help me dig ground up i don't dig so well but i can plant

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I love gardening and on some of these worst days have begun planning what to plant in my outside plant pots. I can hardly wait until I can smell dirt. :)

GDPR

GDPR
I like to sit outside and look at everything,the sky,the trees,the flowers,watch the bugs crawl around,watch all the birds and butterflies,and feel and smell the fresh air.I miss that.

I even miss the dark,dreary,rainy spring days that make me want to curl up on the couch and read a book or watch a movie.I miss the sound of the rain,and I miss the smell too.

I can hardly wait until I can smell dirt

I could smell it when I read that,I never thought I would ever miss that smell,but now I am looking forward to it.

---------- Post Merged at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:27 PM ----------

P.S.I miss Spring rain.It was raining here yesterday,but it definitely was not enjoyable,especially since the temperature was in the low 30's.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Whew you guys have got my senses buzzing with all this lovely spring talk. It's strange though, I have like an 'opposite mood or feel' almost, seasonally, to you guys. The coming of spring is like an excitement sort of feeling; when you guys have that my summer is just sort of settling down into mildness, then the rain starts. And my winter is almost like the gorgeous spring you guys hang out for - it's actually comfortable outside, it's sunny most days but there's some rain, and it's warm enough for many flowers to start very early. Real spring just sort of maxes that out, but quickly starts to get uncomfortably warm. Then five months of blistering heat interspersed with just heat.

Come onnnnnnnn, winter. :D

Retired

spring-tree-flowers.jpg

Trees are budding, birds are singing and the sun is shining...and I love living in the sunshine!

:peach:

For more images like this, search Google Images for "Spring Wallpaper"

W00BY

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I actually get excited just reading these posts!

In Scotland there are more wet than dry days but for those few precious sunny days pottering about without a thought in my head make up for it all.

I think that is what a sunny day does for me it melts away anything in my mind and takes me to a very thought-fee happy place with buzzing bees and birds busy nest building...such a positive moment in life.

That is what I like about gardening too I can see and imagine the world I have created for all that reside within my plants, those that feed, those that shelter and those that perch. Truly blissful!!!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.