More threads by Retired

Retired

If you booked a reservation (as I did) for Windows 10 to be downloaded June 28, 2015, and after reading many of the caveats that have been appearing in various articles, and you are concerned about compatibility of your existing programs and drivers, as I am, and not knowing what to expect in the way of losses of functionality (eg Windows Media Player) and not wanting to face the inevitable nagging of Microsoft after the download is complete, .......and you tried to find the way to cancel the reservation and could not find it easily, as I did then here is how to cancel the reservation:

Open the Windows 10 nag icon in Systray, then click on the hamburger menu in the upper left corner, pick view confirmation and the cancellation is there

We will have one year to make up our minds for the free upgrade if we want it.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Note that if you have reserved your copy of Windows 10, your hardware at least has already been scanned for compatibility (I'm not sure if they scan software but if your already using Windows 7 or 8 I don't expect much difference in Windows 10 and it can always be run in Compatibility Mode if it doesn't run well immediately). If your hardware is incompatible, you will not be upgraded.

Also, reserving your copy simply means that Windows 10 will be downloaded when released. It will not be installed automatically - it will just be downloaded until you are ready to install it.

Retired

It will not be installed automatically - it will just be downloaded until you are ready to install it.

Yes, but can I put up with the constant nag...nag....nag by Microsoft to install..install...install?

I remember when the download for Win8.1 was followed by constant nag..nag...nag:haddock:

:eek:mg:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.