More threads by Banned

Banned

Banned
I was on 10mg of Cipralex and 150mg of Wellbutrin for three and a half months. Several days ago I discontinued them and have had no adverse effects...yet. How long does it typically take for them to occur if one is going to have them? They are such low doses that tapering is almost impossible.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Cipralex is an SSRI , I have been on a few types but not specifically Ciraplex. I was on Luvox, Paxil, Prozac.

Luvox and Paxil were the only two I had to go off of, before starting a new med. I found it was within the first few days my symptoms returned. I was a bit dazed for a few days and had to be careful driving and even walking cause I felt quite dizzy.

Once the week was over and I could start the new medication all of those effects went away and I was back to "normal"

With Wellbutrin, I had to go off it abruptly because of the effects I was having were quite bad. I had a headache and a bit feverish for a few days over the course of a week and I found it harder than usual to focus but that was really all.

Banned

Banned
Thanks, NN. I am still feeling very normal and am thinking that things likely won't change much from here. I might end up a bit "down" for a day or two but otherwise should be ok.

Thanks!

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Thanks, NN. I am still feeling very normal and am thinking that things likely won't change much from here. I might end up a bit "down" for a day or two but otherwise should be ok.

Thanks!

Your doctor I am sure will monitor you during this time to ensure there is no relapse happening.

When I decreased my meds, my doctor made me go see her twice that week. I also took the week off work so I could rest and not be overly stressed incase the relapse happened before I could get onto the new medication.

Banned

Banned
Wellllllll...not really, no. It was kind of an impulsive decision made last week, but the doses are so low I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I didn't really have anyone to talk to about it, so I decided just to deal with it in my typical way....

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Withdrawal symptoms - how long til they kick in?
You'll find out soon :) That's the joke my psychiatrist would say.

But seriously, I haven't had withdrawal symptoms ever that I remember, but my mom seems to have withdrawal symptoms even when she tapers down. Then again, she has mostly taken Paxil.

So if you usually don't get withdrawal symptoms, you are probably home free with those relatively tolerant meds, I would guess.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.