More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Working Together When Facing Chronic Pain

working-together-when-facing-chronic-pain-book-cover.jpg

Working Together When Facing Chronic Pain
Les Productions Odon Inc. (Editor) 2010)

A book designed for patients and written by their health professionals Working together when facing chronic pain a book intended to support the self-management efforts of people suffering from chronic pain and their loved ones. When faced with chronic pain, education is one of the solutions to which this book opens doors. It is also intended for all health professionals who want to learn more about the issues and aspects specific to chronic pain, and benefit from the experience of their colleagues and the testimonials of patients. Whatever your painful condition or that of your loved one, each chapter provides relevant and validated information. Whether it be the importance of physical activity, care team support or the participatory role of the patient, each chapter contains information that could change your life, your attitude towards pain, your pain level, the awareness of the role you can play, and the importance to be given to every aspect of pain.

Working Together When Facing Chronic Pain is above all intended to give people suffering from any form of chronic pain food for thought and information about a large number of tools and treatments, as well as about the physiological, psychological and social aspects of pain. The loved ones of an individual suffering from chronic pain may also benefit significantly from this book since it will enable them to persevere in the search for short-, medium-, and long-term solutions, in order to return to a more active, even a normal life. This work is also intended for all health professionals who want to learn more about the issues and aspects specific to chronic pain, and benefit from the experience of their colleagues and the testimonials of patients.

The book is also available en francais.

Sparks1

Your book sounds intriguing to me. I am a chronic care medical patient. I believe psychological issues do play a role in pain. I see your book is over 7yrs. old so it could possibly be in a public library. I am hoping to get my hands on a copy. So glad I was guided to your website. Thanks, Sparks1

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.