More threads by NicNak

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I happened upon a CD that says it is XP Office 2005.

I am a complete idiot :fool: when it comes to programs and how compatable they are with certian computer systems. Not sure about the driver compatibilities etc.

I am currently running Vista and am recently having slow downs also occasionally my monitor will go black and come back to life.

I was wondering how compatable this XP Office 2005 CD would be. Or is it just an add on for the original XP program? This is what I suspect, that it is not a full operating system.

Thanks for any help! :D

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I would just run the setup program and see what it is trying to install (without necessarily installing it).

I have only heard of Office 2003 and Office 2007.

In any case, any version of Office should work in Vista, at least starting from 2000.

OTOH, you could install a free trial of Office 2007 from Microsoft's website.

also occasionally my monitor will go black and come back to life.
I guess that isn't from a power saving or screen saver feature?

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
It could be Daniel, but it is still while I am active online? Is it still possable?

I was kinda hoping that this XP Office 2005 CD might work in place of Vista :blush: Like I could reformat with this and get rid of Vista all together.

Probably not eh?

Lana

To get XP operating system you'd need Windows XP CD. The XP Office would give you applications only such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. However, XP Office would run on Vista operating system but would probably have little effect on the performance.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Thanks Lana :D

I got excited when I found it, thinking it was a full operating system :blush: so I could get rid of Vista :teehee:

Thanks Daniel too! :D

Sparrow

NN,
It's an add-on. Similiarily had a friend think an original 2004 or 2005 disc was an entire OS with suite...Nyet. Remember the benchmarks 2000, 2003, and 2007. Peace and Love.
:budgie:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.