• Quote of the Day
    "Over the course of our lives, we’ll constantly be transforming into a more and more authentic version of ourselves. Our preferences will change. Our passions will change. And we have to be brave enough to choose the thing that makes us happiest in each moment."
    Mike Iamele, posted by @gooblax

Thelostchild

Hey did anyone know that Zinc helps with sweating. with all the medication that I'm taking it sure does make me sweat. I just started taking zinc. I'll let you all know if it really does work.

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
From what I have read, zinc supplementation usually doesn't help reduce excessive sweating unless one already has a zinc deficiency. However, the zinc supplementation will help prevent a zinc deficiency since zinc can be lost from sweating:

Sweat iron and zinc losses during 2 hours of exercise represented 3% and 1% of the RDA for iron and 9% and 8% of the RDA for zinc for men and women, respectively.

Sweat iron and zinc losses during prolonged exercise.

A popular over-the-counter treatment for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) is the topical application of aluminum chloride. (Of course, in addition to medication, other things like anxiety can contribute to excessive sweating.)

Top Bottom