More threads by forgetmenot

After talking with my doctor yesterday I have decided to give medication another try. I get to a point I just start pushing everyone away. I have go to stop thinking people are out to hurt me. Anyway maybe pills are the answer for now and I realize i have to give them a chance to work at least a week.

Jazzey

Account Closed
Re: Decided to try again

I'm happy to hear that Mary. I've been on medication since January and it's really helped me to not feel so overwhelmed all the time....

What medication has your doctor recommended? If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post about it....:)

Hi Mary ,
I am so glad that you are being good to yourself and starting your medication again , as Jazzey said , don't hestitate to post , if you are needing support , or to contact your doctor if you have any questions about the medication you are taking .

take care wp

I am going to try cipralex again. I never really gave it a chance but I am going to start it at 1/4 of a pill. My decision because of my fears I think starting it off really small then working my way up psychologically I may succeed this time.

---------- Post added later and automatically merged ----------

Just took first dose now I hope I can stick with it this time thanks mary

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

That is great Mary. Medication always seems to take the edge of my pain. So I can move on to try to heal further.

I am proud of you Mary. :support:

ladylore

Account Closed

I'm glad your trying it again. Medication has helped me keep my head well above water so I can deal with what I need to deal with in therapy.

Me too, Mary. I hope it's helpful. It is for me and I sometimes have to go back to the doctor to modify dosages, add/subtract meds, etc. But I don't think I can do without it.

Take care,

TG :support:

Andy

MVP

That's great Mary.:rx: I have been on meds for almost 15 years now,I am one of the lucky ones who will need them for the rest of my life. I am not pro or con about meds. It works for some and others not so much. Some people can use them for a short while and it helps them. It doesn't have to be permanent right, I mean if it doesn't help at least you gave it a shot, and if it does then great!
I say no harm in trying. I hope they help you out. ;)

i am glad you're giving it another chance mary. i am really glad i made the decision for myself when i started medication, it really has made a difference and i was so relieved when i could tell it was working. i hope you will feel some of that relief soon.

Thanks for everyone support. I am feeling nauseated again and dizzy but i think alot of that is in my mind. Thanks Jazzey I will try to give it a fair shot this time. I may add gravol at night to keep nausea away but what ever i do I will try to stay on medication at least for a week before deciding anything. I need something to keep negative thoughts at bay thanks mary

Jazzey

Account Closed

Thanks Mary...the nausea really does go away very quickly. Keep hanging on. They really do help. :)

Retired

I am feeling nauseated again and dizzy but i think alot of that is in my mind

The side effects of Cipralex are similar to those ocurring with an SSRI, although this medication is not exactly the same, there are some similarities in the way it works.

Nausea is a common side effect when starting this medication, along with flu like symptoms. The good news is that these side effects tend to go away in a the first few weeks as your body and brain chemistry becomes acclimated to the new medication.

Speak with your doctor on strategies you might use to suppress these side effects.

You have made a good decision to try this treatment, and your patience during this "medication loading period" should pay off by improving your quality of life.

Don't give up....and keep us posted on your progress.

I have not taken medication today. I feel this medication is making me more jumpy agitated. I feel I am having more flashbacks because of taking it. Don't know if I should take todays dose or not. So afraid I may have another attack.

Jazzey

Account Closed
At what time of day do you normally take the dose Mary?

Take it when you're scheduled to take it. Please take the dose Mary. The side effects will subside over time - but you'll be starting the process over every single time that you start playing with the meds in terms of not taking them or taking them...I hope you'll keep taking them Mary.

i missed last nights dose scared because of what happened. I don't want to have another attack like last one. I still am so afraid. should i take last night dose now

Jazzey

Account Closed
I don't know Mary. But, just to be on the safe side of things, maybe just take the dose that you're scheduled to take tonight. And then, don't miss any more doses...It's really important.

And I don't think that the flashbacks are being caused by cipralex. You may be under a lot of stress right now - that would cause the flashbacks and attacks. But Cipralex itself won't do that to you. If anything, once you've adjusted to the medication, your anxiety should be lessened (from what I've read on it).

Jazzey

Account Closed
Thank you Mary :) If you need to, look at your badge whenever you have the urge to miss the dosage. You'll be ok Mary. :hug: :hug:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.