More threads by David Baxter PhD

I agree.

For me, medication helped give me an opportunity to participate in life and to be able to focus on learning tools (other than medication) to cope with my anxiousness.

When I see him anxious it reminds me of my own anxiousness. Then I think of what helped me feel better and I teach him what I know. I've taught him creative visualization and relaxation techniques, but if he gets really anxious about exams again this year I think I will inquire about temporary medication for him.

I should mention that he's doing excellent and doesn't seem to be anxious at all at this point in his life. He seems to feel it more when I'm working and am not as available for him. This is one of the major reasons I have decided NOT to return to my previous employment. I've decided try consulting from home (again). Not the best choice financially, but I'm much healthier and happier and so is he.

I'll keep ya posted.

I agree.

For me, medication helped give me an opportunity to participate in life and to be able to focus on learning tools (other than medication) to cope with my anxiousness.

When I see him anxious it reminds me of my own anxiousness. Then I think of what helped me feel better and I teach him what I know. I've taught him creative visualization and relaxation techniques, but if he gets really anxious about exams again this year I think I will inquire about temporary medication for him.

I should mention that he's doing excellent and doesn't seem to be anxious at all at this point in his life. He seems to feel it more when I'm working and am not as available for him. This is one of the major reasons I have decided NOT to return to my previous employment. I've decided try consulting from home (again). Not the best choice financially, but I'm much healthier and happier and so is he.

I'll keep ya posted.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.