More threads by Cat Dancer

I feel very worn down with struggling with eating/not eating/purging/self loathing/etc. I am afraid it is going to drive me to commit suicide because it is so out of control. I really don't know HOW to get better. I don't know. I have been this way for most of my life. I don't know how to be normal and to eat normally. My therapist is too simplistic about it because to him it is simple and I guess it should be simple, but it isn't. I don't know. I hate this and I hate me. I hate that I let this control my life and ruin my life. I don't see how to heal.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Then you need a therapist that understands and knows how to treat eating disorders.

People DO beat eating disorders. I don't treat eating disorders because I have no expertise in that area. I refer those clients to someone who does.

I've been looking for someone and haven't found anyone yet. I'm really fortunate to have a therapist at all. I drive 30 miles to see him. :( I don't know if there is anyone within a reasonable distance. The lady I saw at the other counseling place the hospital referred me to didn't specialize in eating disorders at all like they told me.

adaptive1

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I know how you feel, it is exhausting. All you can so is take it one day at a time. There is nothing simple I don't think, it takes a lot of work. You can do it, you have lots of support here. Lots of people care.

heatherly

I feel very worn down with struggling with eating/not eating/purging/self loathing/etc. I am afraid it is going to drive me to commit suicide because it is so out of control. I really don't know HOW to get better. I don't know. I have been this way for most of my life. I don't know how to be normal and to eat normally. My therapist is too simplistic about it because to him it is simple and I guess it should be simple, but it isn't. I don't know. I hate this and I hate me. I hate that I let this control my life and ruin my life. I don't see how to heal.

I could be very wrong, but I think the clue here is your words, "I hate me." Perhaps if you worked on loving yourself your eating problems would go away. I remember years ago hating myself, and I used an affirmation to get over it. I simply repeated silently to myself, "I love myself." I hope this helped.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.