More threads by Curious

Curious

I think I fear self asteem because I was never taught about it. I have been negative all my life. I am also scared of being to positive because of to much pride. I do get spells for being positive but I just fall back into being negative again. I cannot answer that question. I have been over accious about being over positive because I am a daydreamer and I get over confident when thinking about it. I've always been that away, always. I even question my mind often, about could I be insane in having all these emotions from time to time.

I have spells about being positive and not negative. For some reason I cannot writer any story to be edited in my writing forums because of being criticized for the mistakes. Yes I would like to be positive and normal, but I do not know whats normal for me? Either my past as growing up haunts me or I just can't cope with the word normal because of my past? What time I have left I would like it to be positive and calming and writing. That;s as close as I can come to being a normal person.

I have changed somewhat, I am somewhat happy and love everyone I meet. I use to have a friend who stated "make a negative positive", that at first was weird, but it wont leave my mind, it 's a good point. In my life I have seen bad thing in people and I start looking for good things in people, most are good, there are a few bad tho. Why I have a fear of being happy and need more self asteem I am not sure, but I do understand negative self esteem is not good for you.

Life is what it is good and bad, there must be a lesson there somewhere? And I am missing it somehow. high strung

Retired

I took the liberty of moving your post to the Forum section directly related to your concerns about self esteem.

Please have a look at the "Sticky" posts at the head of this Forum section to see if any of these offer any help.

If you have begun therapy, issues involving self esteem would likely be addressed by your therapist.

For some reason I cannot writer any story to be edited in my writing forums because of being criticized for the mistakes.

Unless you happen to be an expert in every field, can you see that getting input from others is truly a gift because it provides a way to increase your knowledge if you happen to have made a mistake, or it gives you the opportunity to express and even defend your position in a constructive discussion with others.

In any case, everyone benefits, because everyone has the opportunity to learn something.

Feedback and comments on our work should not be seen as a personal attack or denigration, but rather as an opportunity to learn and grow.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I think sometimes also people from older generations feared positivity and self esteem. They called it pride, wrongly.

They probably taught that to you one way or another, and that's why you have fear.

But now we know that pride, the bad type of pride, just means when someone thinks they are better than others and more important than others and so puts others down, hurts others, pushes others around, doesn't try to be cooperative, etc.

So I guess you will gradually realize that you are not like that. And that feeling good in yourself with positivity or self esteem, won't make you be like that. That is a totally different thing.

So you will gradually have less fear of healthy positivity and self esteem, which are not related to those bad types of pride. In fact healthy positivity and self esteem can prevent those bad types of pride.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.