More threads by rdonovan1

rdonovan1

I was just wondering as to whether anyone might happen to know as to how I can find out as to what all of the phobias are. I am particularly interested in finding out about phobias that other people might have relating to education and self improvement.

I am just curious because I tend to study stuff like this and although I like to study it and learn from many of the people that I seem to end up talking to seem to like to try to criticize and judge me for it as well as to argue with me regarding my attempts to educate and improve myself and that is making me think that maybe they have some sort of phobia relating to education and self improvement but at the moment I just don't know as I currently do not know enough about phobias and things like that, but I am trying to find out and I would appreciate any information that anyone might be able to give me that will help me to overcome some of the resistance that I tend to get from other people relating to this stuff.

Robert.

rdonovan1

What causes us to develop those phobia's and fears and how does that influence how we treat both ourselve's and other people throughout our live's.

I'm also kind of curious as to what tends to cause us to either lie to orselve's or to other people and as to why we often allow ourselve's to develop a victim / chicken little mentality.

I'm also curious as to what we can do about it. I am just curious because I have noticed this kind of behavior in both myself and other people, but unlike a lot of other people I am at least trying to confront those issues within myself so that I am not playing the victim or running the chicken little mentality and that is why I have been studying things like NLP, psychology and other related topics.

I'm also kind of curious as to whether anyone has ever read the book by Eric Berne 'Games people play'.

Jazzey

Account Closed
I have definite phobias that have developed through prior experiences. While I recognize these, I try not to diminish those emotions by labelling them as "victimization" or "chicken" etc...

Sometimes it just is what it is. Like you, I try and confront my phobias. And sometimes, I need assistance from my psychologist because of the trauma involved with some of these phobias. They didn't just appear on my doorstep one day - they are indeed rooted in trauma and the trauma is sufficiently ingrained for me to ask for assistance on at least easing some of the fears associated with them.

rdonovan1

I have definite phobias that have developed through prior experiences. While I recognize these, I try not to diminish those emotions by labelling them as "victimization" or "chicken" etc...

Sometimes it just is what it is. Like you, I try and confront my phobias. And sometimes, I need assistance from my psychologist because of the trauma involved with some of these phobias. They didn't just appear on my doorstep one day - they are indeed rooted in trauma and the trauma is sufficiently ingrained for me to ask for assistance on at least easing some of the fears associated with them.

What have you done to confront those phobia's and fears and have you fully identified as to where they actually came from and as to what caused them.

I am just curious because I think that I have identified some of mine. One of the biggest ones that I seem to have is the fear of rejection and of abandonment and from what I have determined the fear of rejection for me seems to have come largely from my associations with women. The fear of abandonment seems to have come largely from the fact that my father was never around for me as I was growing up and that is what I am working on trying to overcome.

Jazzey

Account Closed
What have you done to confront those phobia's and fears and have you fully identified as to where they actually came from and as to what caused them.

I am just curious because I think that I have identified some of mine. One of the biggest ones that I seem to have is the fear of rejection and of abandonment and from what I have determined the fear of rejection for me seems to have come largely from my associations with women. The fear of abandonment seems to have come largely from the fact that my father was never around for me as I was growing up and that is what I am working on trying to overcome.

I'm just currently working on them. But fear of rejection is definitely on the top half of the list. I'm talking about it with my psychologist. My fear of rejection comes from my mother and from one particular romantic relationship. So, for right now at least, I'm recognizing the fear, journaling about it and trying to be open with my psychologist about it. This is sometimes easier said than done. It still is a state of vulnerability to disclose that fear to anyone. Having said this, I'm still hopeful that I can find a life partner - and that can only be achieved, I think, by getting over my trust issues. So if I need to work on these, recognize those particular fears, than so be it.:)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.