More threads by seeker

seeker

Has anyone had any experience with increasing Zoloft dosage, to treat OCD symptoms, but the result was the OCD symptoms seeming to get worse with the increased dose (after about a month on the increased dose)? As well as the OCD symptoms appearing to worsen, but also experiencing a low mood - not to the point of depression, but a lower mood than usual. From what I understand, the dosage of Zoloft for OCD is typically higher than what the dosage would be to treat depression.

If anyone can share their experience or information, it would be appreciated.

Andy

MVP
Hi seeker,

I was on the highest dose of Zoloft at 200 (that might just be the highest my Dr. would allow myself). I was not on it for OCD however. I think if you have given it a try for about a month and it's not helping, you may want to go back to your Dr. and see about another medication or maybe lowering the dose if you were feeling better at a lower dose. Zoloft being an antidepressant it should not make you feel low.

I'm not a Dr. so this is just my opinion and I am not suggesting you do anything with your medication UNTIL you have talked to your Dr. Good luck, I hope you and your Dr. can figure something out that works well for you.:)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.