More threads by Daniel E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Re: Quotable Quotes 12

"It is the struggle itself that is most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will not reach our ultimate goal. The effort itself yields its own reward.”

- Gene Roddenberry

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Fear is the only thing in the world that gets smaller as you run towards it.”

- Tiamo de Vettori

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"All I know is that my life is better when I assume that people are doing their best. It keeps me out of judgment and lets me focus on what is, and not what should or could be." ~ Brené Brown

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is.

~Albert Camus

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses."

"The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely."

- Carl Jung

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."

"No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell."

"Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves. But deep down below the surface of the average conscience a still, small voice says to us, something is out of tune."

- Carl Jung

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Shame is a soul eating emotion."

"We deem those happy who from the experience of life have learnt to bear its ills without being overcome by them."

"The least of things with a meaning is worth more in life than the greatest of things without it."

- Carl Jung

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"How much easier is self-sacrifice than self-realization?"

"Someone who thinks the world is always cheating him is right. He is missing that wonderful feeling of trust in someone or something."

"It still holds true that man is most uniquely human when he turns obstacles into opportunities."

~Eric Hoffer

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Life is not an emergency."

“When you let go of your expectations, when you accept life as it is, you're free. To hold on is to be serious and uptight. To let go is to lighten up.”

“True happiness comes not when we get rid of all of our problems, but when we change our relationship to them, when we see our problems as a potential source of awakening, opportunities to practice, and to learn.”

"Life is a process--just one thing after another. When you lose it, just start again."

- Richard Carlson, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff and It's All Small Stuff

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Where you stumble and fall, there you will find gold.”

"We're so engaged in doing things to achieve purposes of outer value that we forget the inner value, the rapture that is associated with being alive, is what it is all about.”

"Following your bliss is not self-indulgent, but vital; your whole physical system knows that this is the way to be alive in this world and the way to give to the world the very best that you have to offer. There IS a track just waiting for each of us and once on it, doors will open that were not open before and would not open for anyone else."

― Joseph Campbell

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Follow your dreams, find the occasion to speak from your heart, and make a life that is more soulful than practical."

Thomas Moore

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Maybe who we are isn't so much about what we do, but rather what we're capable of when we least expect it."

"When you're different, sometimes you don't see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn't."

"Extraordinary things are always hiding in places people never think to look."

-Jodi Picoult

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Don't lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations. Expect the best of yourself, and then do what is necessary to make it a reality."

- Ralph Marston

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"The secret of successful treatment is not to become a perfect, shining star or to learn to be in complete control of your feelings. These strategies are doomed to failure. In contrast, when you accept yourself as an imperfect but eminently lovable human being, and you stop fighting your emotions so strenuously, your fear will often lose its grip over you.”

― David D. Burns, The Feeling Good Handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.