More threads by forgetmenot

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Yet another flooding in my condo's master bedroom...
It's like that movie 2012 :D

But there's nothing like the feeling of waking up to a flooded condo. I experienced some degree of flooding at least twice (from the condo's sewer line!), but it fortunately only needed re-carpeting once:

In the spring, trees start to bloom and grow leaves. But they also have aggressive root growth. These roots can cause problems if they work their way into your sewer line. Try this method to stop the roots from getting in the sewer line...

http://www.askthebuilder.com/Roots_In_Sewer_Line_Video.shtml

Jazzey

Account Closed
:)...And Daniel - ewww :)...there's no sewer issue with me (thank goodness - I think I'd have to leave my home for that little tidbit). I'm sorry you had to experience that - there's nothing worst than a sewer backup....Ewww, ewww, ewwww. :)

I'm currently battling it out with the company that built this place. On the whole, I know it's a good building - but the contractor has lied to me so many times. For instance, in telling me that I was the only one with the issue - any homeowner on the same numbered unit (on different floors) has had the exact same issue as me -maybe to a lesser degree - but the problem is still there.

Then, they tried to convince me that since I had a air con (portable one) - the damage could have been incurred by the air con...Only problem -the flooding occurs below the flooring and floor boards. I'm talented in some measure but, not enough to have my portable air con shove water beneath the floor boards....

This week, I had to stay back from work on two separate days to allow them entry to my unit -they didn't show until AFTER I'd left for work. I've now left 5 messages asking whether they've been into my place (I know they have) and, to ask what their findings were - no calls back on this one. My homeowner's warrantee expires shortly. Oh well...:) I know it'll get fixed (I'll make sure of that one) - but it's still tiresome.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
there's nothing worst than a sewer backup....Ewww, ewww, ewwww.
Yes, I was glad to move less than a couple years later (for different reasons) because the condo association didn't provide any reassurances that it wouldn't happen again :)

I know it'll get fixed (I'll make sure of that one) - but it's still tiresome.
I guess baking them brownies wouldn't help :D

My basement floods every spring sump pumps cant keep up with run off from fields thank goodness nothing really to wreck just old farm house basement cement floors eventually it goes down or husband sucks it up with wet vac. I remember my aunt having tons of lilly of the valley flowers we use to pick bunches of them funny i remember them i love the little bells. and blue forgetmenots she had lots of them too.

Jazzey

Account Closed
Yes, I was glad to move less than a couple years later (for different reasons) because the condo association didn't provide any reassurances that it wouldn't happen again :)

I guess baking them brownies wouldn't help :D

:) No...The two men responsible are engineers - no sense of humour whatsoever. :D (trust me - I've tried to pour on the charm - de nada)

My basement floods every spring sump pumps cant keep up with run off from fields thank goodness nothing really to wreck just old farm house basement cement floors eventually it goes down or husband sucks it up with wet vac. I remember my aunt having tons of lilly of the valley flowers we use to pick bunches of them funny i remember them i love the little bells. and blue forgetmenots she had lots of them too.

:) Sump pumps..I remember those - ergo why I bought a condo. Could not / would not deal with the real responsibility of a home. :)

Your reference to lily of the valley is really striking to me tonight Violet. I too am really attached to them - childhood memories. But, I cannot anchor the memory other than to know that I was attached to them as a child. It's a little freaky to hear you talk about them tonight. So far, I've planted three of them in the hopes that they'll bloom in July-August...That and other perennials (I'm also attached to 'pensees' - I think they're the equivalent of forget me nots...I think -can't think of the english translation but they're purple with a yellow interior?

Murray

Jazzey I hope you get wonderful blooms this summer. I have such a black thumb that I can never get any plants to grow.

The flowers that always bring me back to my past are lilacs. I just love them. When I was a kid, there was a nice old lady who used to have me over to her house. She would read with me and make tea for me, she was the grandma I wish I had , I guess. Anyway, there was this row of lilacs between our yards so I would pass through these lovely fragrant flowers to go visit her. When I think of lilacs I get this wonderful warm, sunny, safe feeling. Sorry, totally off topic...just a pleasant train of thought.

The real thing I wanted to share was that I found another darn tick on me last night!!!!! Ugh. I like living in the boonies, but there are some disadvantages. So, I am now a bit obsessed with ticks and bugs in general. Well, a few minutes ago I happened to look at my husband and saw this dark spot on his arm and thought that he must have a tick on him. I go in closer to inspect and am ready to try and remove said tick. Well, it wasn't a tick....it was a partially melted chocolate chip that was stuck on his arm! I almost died! Sorry, I know it is kind of gross, but it really cracked me up.

NOw that is funny Murray Lilacs are beautiful my aunt had three types white lilac mauve lilac and a double dark purple lilac tree and the aroma from them are beautiful I think insect tic spray is needed to keep those little pest at bay. take care

Jazzey

Account Closed
Jazzey I hope you get wonderful blooms this summer.
Thanks Murray. :)....I'll keep you posted (figuratively and literally :lol:)...If it looks good - I'll post a few pics...Otherwise, I'll be quiet and none of you will be the wiser. :)

I love lilacs too - in the home that I grew up in, there were lilacs in the back garden. I love their aroma.

The real thing I wanted to share was that I found another darn tick on me last night!!!!! Ugh. I like living in the boonies, but there are some disadvantages. So, I am now a bit obsessed with ticks and bugs in general. Well, a few minutes ago I happened to look at my husband and saw this dark spot on his arm and thought that he must have a tick on him. I go in closer to inspect and am ready to try and remove said tick. Well, it wasn't a tick....it was a partially melted chocolate chip that was stuck on his arm! I almost died! Sorry, I know it is kind of gross, but it really cracked me up.

:lol: I'm happy that it wasn't a tick. But, that was funny. I guess the existence of bugs is a small inconvenience for living with the space etc....:)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.