More threads by desiderata

desiderata

My wife (Gayle) was at the pharmacy last week when she walked by an older couple outside very stressed that their car alarm was going off and they couldn't get it to shut off. The woman was in a wheelchair with the remote and the man was scrambling inside the car trying to figure out what was going on. Other people had walked by but just went about their business. Gayle asked to see the remote from the woman. She used her fingernail to push in the red panic button and the alarm was turned off. The couple was very thankful and all was fine.
The next day Gayle was shopping at our local super center and happened to bump into the couple. (we live in a city of 35,000.) The couple stopped her and thanked her again. The man pulled out $20.00 and offered it to her. She said she didn't help them for money but the man insisted, saying, " you have a family, buy them some pizza." She then smiled and accepted.
Every day people help other people mostly without much thought of it other than it's the right thing to do.
Gayle helped someone and fate stepped in to see that her good deed was rewarded.

AmZ

I agree with Steve!

You are very lucky indeed.

It feels very good to carry out good deeds and to be kind to people.

I've recently started to say the persons name when I respond to them (ie thank you Sarah) and I look the person in the eyes. Just making this connection and being polite does so much for me. And then I get called a sweetheart in return!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.