More threads by popeye

popeye

Everyone who is and knows a person who has an issue with depression who happens to have a tendency to partake of the drink knows there is a definite correlation. However, what is there to be done about it?
My opinion is that first the subject must absolutely be of clear mind. That is they must be SOBER. Those who have been through the conundrum of talking sense to an inebriated person when they're under the influence is naught. Sadly so, it seems more and more apparent that when the subject is inebriated is the only time they want to address their malady. UNFORTUNATELY little to nil can be done to help these persons during this mindset.
So what do we do to remedy this most egregious matter of fact? I submit to you that we take pause and await the opportunity to seek out the loved one whom we find suffering from perhaps the most destructive form of self-annihilation mankind has ever come up against!
The legalized distribution of moral turpitude!
There are countless millions who have been affected by persons who have committed crimes; both the victim, the victims family, and the perpetrators family. Why? Because (and you'll believe me unsound for stating) alcohol generates revenue!
But from whom?
Let's take a look at the sociological aspect.
How many upscale neighborhoods do we find liquor stores in? Not any, unless they're state run or sell only the top shelf varieties.
Most liquor stores are in lower middle class neighborhoods. Why? Because lower middle class neighborhoods are most likely to use alcohol to remedy their problems.Before I continue on I would like to know I'm not wasting my time. So, If those out there would like to participate in this dialogue I welcome it.
Kindest Regards,
MJD

making_art

Welcome, Popeye!

Are you asking....What is there to be done to help someone who has depression and addiction to alcohol?

From my understanding its hard to know which came first, the chicken or the egg . Did alcohol cause depression in some people or did the depression cause them to self medicate with alcohol?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.