More threads by Eye Stigmata

Well...

Tonight was my first halloween in my own house.
I bought 2 boxes of candy thinking it would be crazy...new development...lots of kids..
I guess not, because I only had 5 kids come to the house! YIKES
So I'm left with 200 mini chocolate bars.....just what I need. :sigh:

How was this halloween for all of you? Lots of kids? A few kids?

I remember when I was a kid, every business around town would be decorated for halloween, along with all the houses. These days it seems like people aren't really into halloween anymore. Maybe it's just the areas I keep moving to??!!

I saw more dogs dressed up today than kids!....:shock4:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
So I'm left with 200 mini chocolate bars.....just what I need

If you leave it in most offices, it will be gone by the end of the week :D

These days it seems like people aren't really into halloween anymore.

Yeah, I think so, too. I guess it's partly because people don't know/trust their neighbors like they used to.

Yeah, I think so, too. I guess it's partly because people don't know/trust their neighbors like they used to.

That is certainly true, I don't see Kids out playing outside or riding their bycyles together very much any more, and there is just no crime here, apart from some very occaisonal petty stealing.

Jackie

We had some kids knocking doors round here, just before I went to work. I ignored them as they can get pretty abusive, its that sort of area! One of the posh areas, where my mate lives had pumkins on doorsteps and special wreaths on the door, they really do celebrate it there:)

SilentNinja

You wouldnteven know it was halloween here! I never saw anyone dressed up! I wouldnt answer the door anyway if it went lol!

I did hear witches laughing about 1am it was a little scary!! ... I hope that it was people outside having a laugh!!! :eek:mg: heh.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I saw more dogs dressed up today than kids!....:shock4:

I think that's what's happening. I think canines have risen up and taken over this holiday. All the little children are staying home to avoid being barked at by pooches. Plus there were no Halloween costumes left because the four-legged furries took them all. :rant:

Fiver

On my block, all the adults gathered at the end of the street, pretty much to party (and we're talking about my neighbours who are in their sixties and seventies) and rock out with their favourite adult beverages. Oh, and there were trick-or-treaters, too, but they just got candy. It was cold, but we had a bonfire on the lawn (I live about 70 yards from a small lake, and the group met in front of one of the lake houses) and some awesome disco lights, and some hot rockin' tunes going on!

It cracked me up that we were blasting The Doors, The Who, Deep Purple, and all the stuff that I grew up with. I swear I was the youngest neighbour there (who was not trick-or-treating. I was just partying!)

Jackie

Now that sounds like a good party! People in their sixties or seventies normally listen to Jim Reeves or Vera Lyn:D

Fiver

Uh, let's see...Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Ian Gillian are all in their sixties. Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix would be if not for certain unhealthy habits. Deborah Harry and Pat Benatar have hit the Six-Oh decade, I think. And even Linda Ronstadt's gotta be darn close. We're talking some good music here, ageless stuff. Actually, I'm just slightly behind on really being into those artists on my own, but I was exposed to them and loved them because my oldest sister is nearly sixty herself. So yeah, it's my genre too.

It was a rockin' Halloween! The trick-or-treaters were sort of just an excuse to get out and act like teenagers.

Jackie

I never think of Bob Dylan or Sir Paul as being that old. I always have them in my mind when they were alot younger:)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.