More threads by David Baxter PhD

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
I love it how rabbits don't just lie down - they throw themselves down. Mine does it all the time... not on my bed though! :)

y-bloc

Mmmm....perhaps lil' bunny got something funny mixed in with his oats this morning? Far too cute to be real!

Meg

MVP
Warning: overly-proud rabbit owner post coming up...

I was feeling all mushy about bunnies after watching this, and took a little clip of my rabbit... my husband thought it was cute too and put it on youtube. So here she is (very squashed-looking... apparently I should have filmed it a different way, but I'm clueless about that sort of thing).

YouTube - Pan the Bunny Loves Carrots

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Awww, Pan is so cute Meg. Thank you for posting that. Looks like Pan does indeed love carrots.

Bunnies are so cute :)

Halo

Meg,

I have to say that I smiled through that whole video....I absolutely LOVE Pan....she is adorable but yet seems to have a mischievous look in her eyes at times :lol: Even the crunching sound of the carrot made me smile..it was too cute.

:thankyou:

Meg

MVP
Don't encourage me too much or I'll post a hundred of them ;)

Glad you like her - she is very cute and does have a lot of personality... including a tendency to be quite mischevious, yes! I could hear her throwing a cardboard box around her hutch from where I was sitting inside this morning...

Halo

Don't encourage me too much or I'll post a hundred of them ;)

And if you posted a hundred of them I would probably watch them all...she really is adorable :D Instead of a dog I may just have to look into a bunny...although I have always secretly wanted a Mini Pot Belly Pig :blush:

Hmm...so many animal options but definitely no fish or cats :yuck:

Meg

MVP
She's a good pet - nice and easy... and cute! She likes kicking mud in my face when I try to get her back inside her hutch, though. :)

I have a video of her busting out of a cardboard box somewhere. It was quite funny - the box was totally open at one end, but she seemed to forget that and thought the only way out was through the closed end. :teehee:

I never thought of having a pet pig before! Could be fun!

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I thought about a pig for a bit too. Pigs are highly intelligent animals, apparently.

Maybe instead of me getting a Psychiatric Service Dog, I can see if they will train a Pot Belly Pig for me. Imagine that :lol: I would get some odd looks I am sure

Halo

I actually looked into the Mini Pot Belly Pigs but the cost is astronomical. We are talking thousands and thousands for these little guys (or gals :D ) Too bad they are so expensive because I would absolutely love one :teehee:

Now aren't these just adorable....who could say no to these :) And one of them is Pink :yahoo:

Attachments

• pig.jpg
    pig.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 8
I actually looked into the Mini Pot Belly Pigs but the cost is astronomical. We are talking thousands and thousands for these little guys (or gals :D ) Too bad they are so expensive because I would absolutely love one :teehee:

I'm surprised they are so expensive....just the upfront purchase cost, or the ongoing care costs? Last year a coworker was fostering a pig for a rescue organization and she had nothing but good things to say about her (well, except you apparently don't want to feed an indoor pig corn....the previous owner had fed her a corn diet and the results of this are quite messy...:teehee:) She asked me if I was interested in adopting her but my cat was kind enough to let me get a rabbit and a dog - I think she'd draw the line at a pig.

Halo

Mmmm... roast pork with pumpkin pie for dessert... :homer:

Oh you are terrible :smack: How could you think such awful things about such a cute little piggy.

I'm surprised they are so expensive....just the upfront purchase cost, or the ongoing care costs?

Yes they are quite expensive just the upfront cost. The highest I have seen for one is about $4,500.00 but that was for a Teacup one, then there are the Minatures which are slightly cheaper somewhere around $2,500 - $3,000

I am sure there are probably other "not so reputable" places that sell them but I wouldn't want to take my chances on them.

But I do love their little adorable faces :D

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.