More threads by Banned

Banned

Banned
Well, my weekend certainly took a different twist.

My friends are in BC on holidays, and checked their cat into the kennel two days ago. The kennel called yesterday to say that the cat isnt' doing well. He's an older cat with a number of chronic conditions too.

My friend called and asked if I could go pick up the cat at the kennel and take it to the vet. I said no problem.

I'm now home with a cat in my bathroom, whom I have to administer sub-cutaneous fluids to twice a day, make special meals for, and sit with to get it to eat. This cat has a better life than I do :eek:mg:.

I'm just hoping nothing horrible happens to it before they get home at the end of the week. I would be devastated. I told him if he's a good kitty later he can come and sit on my lap while I watch Law and Order.

The dogs are freaking, but they'll get over it.

Andy

MVP
Awww poor guy. That's what I have to do with my cat too.
He is probably so stressed because his parents left, I hope nothing bad happens and that you aren't in that position if something does go wrong. Nice of you to pick him up and take care of him.

Murray

Boy are you earning good Karma points right now, what a great friend you are to take such good care of your friends kitty. Hope he does okay. Just think how much the dogs will appreciate you when the kitty goes back home.

busybee

Gee what a friend. I dont do pets, but I often go to a friends house and dog sit for her when she is away. YOu know we have it all sussed out, he gets fed and I give him the obligatory pat, but there aint so way he is sleeping in my space. So like I said, i'm impressed.

Banned

Banned
Ah thanks guys :).

He's doing ok. I just popped in to check on him and he was sleeping in his crate. I had put a blanket in his crate and then put the crate in with the door off to serve as a bed. I guess it's working. I'm wondering if I bring him out if he'll snuggle with me on my lap. I know at the very least the dogs will get jealous and come and snuggle...so SOMEONE will snuggle with me lol.

Murray - I'm actually paying back karma points. I'm in a karma point deficit, but last year the people who own this cat did $45,000 worth of renos at my work for me for absolutely no charge. I pretty much owe them the world, and then some. There's nothing they could ask me to do that I wouldnt' say no to, actually. I even let them take me to Vegas to watch their 14 year old daughter while they did their thing :lol:.

They are actually a wonderful couple, and I'm happy to help out. I had nothing planned for this weekend, and sometimes its just nice to feel needed, or like you're doing something for someone. So I'm actually happy to do this for them.

Banned

Banned
Heck no! I slept at the Wynn.

Don't tell them - but I would have slept in a crate...when something's free, I'm not picky :lol:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.